“Thankfully this Restaurant is CLOSED,,,”
Review of New Best Buffet

New Best Buffet
Ranked #61 of 89 Restaurants in Fort Bragg
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 29 May 2016

Out of all the staff there was only 1 woman who would come and speak to customers mostly about their meal,, ,everyone else was very rude and unfriendly. The food was always only lukewarm and dry,, but the flavor was very good.. No matter how many times customers would be honest about the poor heat on the food or staff interaction Changes were never made.

1  Thank Cee C

Reviewed 27 November 2015

Unclean, un-fresh and un-wholesome. Snarky staff. The landscape maintenance was a good tipoff of what you could expect.

1  Thank noyokid
Reviewed 30 November 2014

Written: Date: November 29, 2014
This fall, in September (2014) , my husband and I did a 33rd year Anniversary ROAD trip throughout Northern California. We lived and grew up in the San Francisco Bay area. Many of our friends are from high school, college or old neighbors or co-workers from companies that we worked with the past 40 years. Many have relocated to other cities or have moved because they have retired. My husband and I have been married over 30+ years and we had the opportunity to travel a lot throughout our live time. We’ve have been almost everywhere…..yet we never have time to stop and re-kindled friends, relatives or acquaintances that had moved. We can stay with friends along the way and stay at a reasonable motels in areas that we don’t have a friend living in that area.
One of the motels/hotels that we tried was AMERICAN BEST VALUE INN/SEABIRD LODGE. located on 191 South Street, in Fort Bragg, CA.. It is a quaint and homey 65 unit establishment with a large heated indoor pool and a hot tub off to the side. The room was very clean and it has the usual T.V., microwave and frig. The front desk staff was very friendly and very helpful. Checking in was a breeze. It’s run by nice manager named is Ms. Lorie Reynolds. She’s a PEOPLE PERSON. Next morning, the hotel served the usual pre-packaged complimentary breakfast . What a treat was that there was also HOME MADE fresh muffins that was so delicious. I was told it was baked by the owner, Richard, every morning before the motel guests gets up. Each one was individually wrapped. Gee… when does he have time to do that!!????

One of the gems that we found located next to this AMERICAN BEST VALUE INN/SEABIRD LODGE in Ft. Bragg is a Chinese Buffet Restaurant called NEW BEST BUFFET. It right in back of the motel and walking distance within a few feet. I WAS SO CRAVING for Chinese food!!! After driving miles and miles on the road, eating at greasy fast food outlets, coffee shops, hotel food, take out food, 7/11's, Stop & Go food, the thought of fresh green broccoli, piping hot, fresh off-the- wok sir fry veggie combo's, freshly cooked white rice, fresh cut up fruits and green leafy veggie…to find it in a "non" Asian area is all but a mirage in one's mind.

It served over 50 Chinese food items. Written: Date: November 29, 2014

NEW BEST BUFFET: It served over 50 Chinese food. I was SO HYPE FOR VEGGIES. I filled up my plate with beef & MOSTLY BROCCOLI; stir fry veggies of carrots, cabbage, bok choy; black mushroom in oyster sauce, egg foo young, There are a lot of protein items: Mongolian Beef, BBQ chicken on a stick, Shrimp w/veggie, Sha Chau (BBQ pork); dim sum items such as pot stickers, Shu Mi, buns…………followed by trays of dessert: Jello, bananas in syrup, cakes, cookies, canned fruit such as peaches, pineapples, mandarin oranges....endless selection!!!……not to mention there is ALSO a Japanese section for California Roll, Teriyaki beef, Tempura, etc. It’s endless……….AND ALL SO DELICIOUS!!!

NOTE: What so great about NEW BEST BUFFET is that it has a MORE HEALTHIER food choice than most of the road food of burgers, fries, onion rings, tacos, hot dogs, donuts, etc. that we were munching on along our road trip!!! YUK!!! GREASY FOOD, FRIED FOOD, NITRATES, SUGAR, SUGAR, SUGAR!!!

Reviewed 8 November 2014

Good fresh buffet with a decent variety of food. Basic "American" style Asian food in a friendly environment.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

While eating with my family I found a very large black hair in my food! So very gross.. ..my family and I are visiting from Arizona and thought it would be good to eat here.