“Wine Country Wonderful!”
Review of Farmhouse Inn

Farmhouse Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Forestville
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant was the perfect choice for our three-day anniversary getaway. We live in the Bay Area and visit the Wine Country frequently, but rarely for more than a day. Farmhouse Inn was close enough to many wonderful Sonoma County wineries, yet remote enough to feel as if we were in a far away, country-side paradise.

The service at Farmhouse Inn was, bar none, the BEST we have experienced in our travels! Meghan, Jake, Tamera, Chris, Robert, and everyone at the Inn and Restaurant went out of their way to insure we were comfortable, relaxed and very well cared for. We were wished a happy anniversary by all and it was even printed on our dinner menus in the Restaurant. How cool is that?

Speaking of the Restaurant.... the food was OUTSTANDING and we have to give a straight up "Holla" to the Sommelier for his wine recommendation at dinner! It was a local selection that worked perfectly with both the Duck Breast and the Rabbit (Rabbit Rabbit).

We didn't know what we were missing in a travel experience until we visited Farmhouse Inn and Restaurant. We will most definitely be going back!

Room Tip: If you like to turn in early, recommend not staying in main house. There was some noise from the res...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

If you're looking for topnotch services (from check-in, to restaurant servers, to spa), casual, yet exquisite taste in decor (particularly the barn rooms), this is a perfect, romantic get-away. Easy to hike, bike, wine taste, canoe and kayak out the front door. Delectable cuisine both for breakfast (included in the price of the room) and dinners. We've visited 3 times and consistency has been there every time!

Room Tip: Pricy perhaps, but the upstairs barn rooms are a huge treat (huge rooms and bathrooms; great jacuzzi...
Reviewed 26 February 2012

So, we returned to the Farmhouse Inn, staying in one of the beautiful Barn rooms for four nights. Steam shower, large, comfortable bed, double fireplace, secluded, wonderful. Staff really goes out of their way to make sure your requests are taken care of. We did have one minor issue with sugar ants trying to take over the steam shower, but that's a feature you live with in California and the issue was taken care of quickly and efficiently. We will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms in the Barn, especially on the second floor are the best, but the cottage rooms are nice, the...
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We spent 3 nights at the Farmhouse for our elopement and part of our honeymoon, and my husband and I were completely impressed with the accommodation and service we received. We stayed in a Barn Suite and added the elopement package on to our stay. It was everything I have dreamed of for a wedding, and if I had to do it over again I wouldn't change a thing! Megan, Meilani, and staff were exceedingly helpful, kind, and made our special day perfect. The partnership with Arista Winery afforded a beautiful location to exchange vows.

If you are hesitant to commit to a vacation or special event at the Farmhouse, rest assured that the website shows the beauty and attention that encompasses the Inn, only it is far far more special than any advertising can show. Treat yourself to a wonderful experience and go there!!

1  Thank Bridget Z
Farmhouse Conci... S, Concierge at Farmhouse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Our first Elopement of the year was Bridget and Franco. They might be the sweetest, loveliest and best looking couple I've met in a very long time. Their ceremony at Arista winery was beautiful- the lighting, setting and people made it a fantastic way to celebrate Bridget and Franco's unique story. We love our tiny weddings. ~ Meghan

Reviewed 17 February 2012

This was our first visit to wine country and I reviewed a couple of properties before deciding on the Farmhouse Inn. It was the best decision, and well worth what we paid. (We did get a good deal on Luxury Link) I did have some trouble getting my Luxury Link package reservation approved during Valentine's weekend, but understandably so. It was Valentine's after all, which of course is a busy time for them. I was able to move my days around by 1 and from that point it was smooth sailing. Meilani (I hope I spelled this correctly) was very helpful and so nice!

From check-in, things were absolutely wonderful. We got there too early to check into our room, which wasn't ready yet, but Tamara gave us a very detailed map and sent us on our way to the town of Healdsburg for lunch! She gave us a back route to travel, which was very scenic and we saw several wineries on our way. We had lunch and did a bit of shopping. We actually came back an hour AFTER check-in, lol. When we came back we were taken to our room, (more like a suite!) by a very nice young man who is the only bellman. He was very attentive, and gave us specific details on how to operate everything in the room. And if you stay in a Barn room (we were in #15) then there are quite a few gadgets to operate. From the fireplace, to the tricked out steam shower, jetted tub...these rooms are just amazing. I also love the "Bath Bar" (that's my name for it-not sure what name they have for it) that is in the check-in area. My husband and I loved choosing the scrubs, salts and soaps to use during our stay. I quite enjoyed cutting my own soap. :) Theresa was also very helpful on making suggestions for things to do the following day. She provided us with another detailed map (we love those things) and guided us to downtown Sonoma and some of her prime choices for wineries to stop at and also some lunch choices. Thanks to her, we ended up at The Girl and the Fig, which was the best lunch we had during our entire trip to San Francisco!

Some of my favorite things: the dual fireplace, the rustic, beautiful decor, the comfy bed, the homemade, still warm cookies at turn-down, the heated floors..they even offer snacks, soft drinks, and DVDs to borrow in case you get bored with the many selections of cable channels provided with a flat screen. Oh and don't forget the surround sound music that was playing softly when we came in from dinner. Everything is thought of, so you don't have to. It's the little touches and attention to detail that work so well here. It is truly an intimate experience beginning from the first moment you make your reservation.

I will write a separate review for the restaurant, but I must say, our dinner was the best we had on our entire trip. (we stayed in downtown San Francisco the previous 3 nights before) Breakfasts here (which were included in our stay) were also amazing. You can taste the fine quality and freshness...right down to the orange juice!

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again- as a matter of fact, my husband and I are planning to come at least once a year if we can. This level of luxury can't be beat. We stayed at the Four Seasons Maui for a week for our honeymoon and we both agreed that the Farmhouse Inn has that property beat by a long-shot!!

Room Tip: Go for the Barn Rooms, they are the most luxurious. Try to get a top level if you can, towards the b...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forestville
14.5 km away
Fountaingrove Inn
#4 of 24 in Santa Rosa
13.6 km away
Hotel Les Mars, Relais & Chateaux

Been to Farmhouse Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK