Occidental Hotel(Occidental)(Great Value!)
US$ 231
Sandman Hotel
Case Ranch Inn(Forestville)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssteam showerrabbitbath saltsrussian river valleywine countryfire pitheated floorswine pairingbath barcookiesconcierge staffmichelin star restaurantgraham crackersindoor outdoor fireplaceroad noiseturn down servicebarn rooms
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I heard about this place from my sister who constantly raved about it, and I have to say it was absolutely fabulous. We had a separate cottage, which was a great way to go to have some privacy. The room had a little sitting area with fire place, a nice bathroom, and even a private sauna. Everyone at the inn was incredibly helpful and friendly. All the little touches at this place absolutely make it- smores to make in your own room or at the communal fire pit, bath products you can bring back to your room, cookies at turn down service. The location is also so beautiful and really close to awesome wineries.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelchic083
Reviewed 25 July 2011

The place is fabulous. The price point is a bit high, but if you could fit the bill it is WELL worth the stay. The restaurant, the service the staff, the grounds, it just gets better and better.

Downside? Well, if I had to find something wrong it would be that there is no fitness room. We try to get a workout in at all of our stays and it would have helped to have something on site. I needed a sweat and I found one in the steam shower. It all worked out. We're planning our return immediately.

Tamara and Anna were super accommodating and just added the perfect touch to a perfect stay. Thank you!

Room Tip: I stayed in a barn room #17. The room was great. They provided a rollaway bed for our 3 year old and we had plenty of room!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Mario M
Reviewed 24 July 2011

My sister and I were looking for a staycation since we live in the area. We stayed in the barn and they practically had to have us evicted! It is like living in a Pottery Barn commercial, everything is so thoughtful. It's like the owners said, "I really love this lamp, that would be great in one of the rooms," instead of ordering 1,000 of the same lamp. You even get bedtime cookies...
The place is truly magical!
We had dinner as well and it was one of the best meals I have had in my life. The chef is a genius, the food is not pretentious, but so beautifully put together, that each dish that arrived was even more incredible than the next. Service is stellar. Desserts are a must here, look at the dessert menu ahead of time to save room.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Luvacakes
csb0214, Owner at Farmhouse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

Thanks for the review! It's so funny to hear Barn guests say that we look like a Pottery Barn catalog (I LOVE Pottery Barn and devour the catalogs- best style ever!) Because there's not a single Pottery Barn item in the Barn! The Cottages are full of it, though. But, Pottery Barn has used the Barn for a number of bedding, kids and home shoots and we've been featured in the catalog and even on the cover. I'm glad you liked the style of the Barn. I had a great time decorating it. The lamp in your room was a Barbara Cosgrove. Another huge favorite of mine!
Come see us again, soon.
Catherine

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Fabulous luxury B&B with an incredible restaurant, impeccable service, lovely grounds, and charming decor.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2011

My husband and I spent a total of six wonderful days here. (Having planned to stay somewhere in Napa for the second half of our trip, we decided instead to stay on at the Farmhouse because we fell in love.) There were almost too many amenities! We enjoyed daily two-course breakfasts, nightly turndown service with housemade cookies and milk, to the weekly wine tasting. The room had a dry sauna, a jacuzzi tub and a fireplace. The DIY s'mores—homemade graham crackers and marshmallows plus valhrona chocolate—were to die for. The pool was lovely and relaxing. The bath products bar made us smell delicious. The knowledgeable and sweet concierges helped us plan perfect days. We were just far away from the tourist loop of napa, but also close enough to take advantage of it. And we were eons away from the stresses of home. Thanks, Farmhouse!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple