“Great!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Folsom
Dallas, Texas
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Fantastic location. Plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby. Very clean hotel. Will stay again. Don't buy the coffee from the lobby restaurant, free coffee is in the lobby near the business center computers!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank welovetotravelslways
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

There's very little insulation between rooms. I'm lying awake right now listening to the people above hold a conversation. Just a couple of minutes ago, I got to hear one of them go to the bathroom, followed by them walking around. Everything else is decent, but the hearing everything that goes on around me is maddening.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gordon B
Folsom, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

We stayed at The Marriott Courtyard Folsom for one night and were pleased with our stay. The staff was very friendly and our overall experience was good. The hotel lobby and the rooms were extremely clean. The different areas were so clean, they reminded us of a brand new hotel. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The beds we average in comfort. The only downside is that our room faced a busy street and the traffic was noisy. Next time, I would request a room on the opposite side that we were on, which is a much quieter side. I checked out the pool area and although not large, it looked nice. The location is good because it is next to many sit down restaurants, fast food restaurants & shops all within walking distance. There is even a movie theater across the street in the Palladio Shopping Mall. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick a room on a side that does not face the busy noisy street.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Beersheba, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

I travel a lot on business, I come to the USA about 4 or 5 times a year and most of those trips are to Folsom. I always stay at this hotel. The service is great, the staff are friendly, the rooms are clean and well maintained and the fitness center is "just right", The staff at breakfast are fiendly and helpfull. The breakfast area is being rennovated at the moment but that didn't make any difference, I still got great service as ususal and there is a ghood variety of food. Outside there is plenty of parking space and there a lots of restaurants nearby. In short, when I'm away on business this is my home away from home and it is always a pleasure to stay here

Room Tip: All the rooms are good but the ones taht do not face East Bidwell street are quieter
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

We went up in September for a wedding and had blocked 10 rooms. The front desk was excellent in the coordination of all the rooms and very hospitable. The rooms were clean and neat although you could hear people walking above you at any time. The jacuzzi was nice and always full of people to talk to. They had set up a little bar in the lobby (Fats is the only other place to go for a drink) but they only served beer and wine (Bevmo is next door). My overall rating for this hotel is low because of the wait staff at the breakfast lounge. The breakfast that is included with the room has both buffet style and menu ordering as well as make your own waffles and such. Opened form 6am to 11am we usually got there at 9:30am. for three days we found no fresh coffee, eggs or bread. When we asked for food the waiter rolled his eyes, made snarky comments and did us the huge favor of getting us food. At one point I asked for butter and I followed him over to the kitchen door where he stuck his head in and asked for butter...then cussed me out in Spanish to the cook...did I mention I'm Cuban and speak Spanish fluently? I didn't respond to him at the time...I figured I would save it for TRIPADVISOR forums!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor to avoid foot traffic noise.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family