“Worst Hotel/ Customer Service I've Ever Experienced.”

Best Western La Posada Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fillmore
Reviewed 12 March 2010

I chose this hotel because it was close to the venue I was working at for the weekend. I had to ship 20 boxes to the hotel prior to the event and I spoke to the manager (who is also the owner) before doing this and he confirmed that it would be fine. I tracked the boxes three days prior to the event to see if they had been delivered and the hotel had refused them. The owner and his wife did not discuss that 20 boxes would be arriving and his wife refused them. They were shipping them back from California to Massachusetts. I had to repack everything and reship it (this cost me over $800) back out to California. When I called, the owner's wife was extremely rude to me. Even after I explained the situation to her, she did not apologize. When I finally arrived at the hotel, they made me promise that I would be there when UPS arrived with my boxes and that I would unload them myself. I agreed. When I checked in, the wife was so rude to me, her husband had to tell her to leave. I explained that they cost me over $800 in shipping and that I wanted to be reimbursed for all/ part of it. They refused. I told them I would be leaving the hotel as soon as my boxes arrived and would be placing a complaint with Best Western's Corporate Office. Unfortunately, my boxes were not arriving until the next day so I had to spend the night at the hotel. This was BY FAR the WORST hotel I have ever stayed at. There were ants crawling in the shower and all over the walls in the bathroom. There was a spider web hanging from the ceiling and the counters weren't even wiped down from the previous guests stay. The conditions of the room were appalling and I would NEVER recommend that anybody stays at this hotel. As soon as my boxes arrived the next day, I unloaded them and went straight to the front desk to check out. I told them that the condition of the room was unacceptable and disgusting. I finally convinced them not to charge me for the one night stay and they agreed (this was a different front desk manager, not the husband and wife that own the hotel). Anyways, they did not apologize to me once for the inconvenience they caused or for the condition of the room. Please don't EVER stay here. You will thank me for warning you.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
4  Thank cbhockey7

Reviewed 2 December 2008

The rooms are rather small, especially with two adults and two preteens. Our room had a musty smell which faded after a few minutes (I got used to it). The beds were comfortable although quite firm. Amenities are few and the breakfast area is in the tiny old lobby and is so small that only one group at a time can sit. We opted to eat elsewhere. Hotel staff were all friendly and courteous and the room was clean and well-maintained. The benefit to me is that it is just a few blocks from my sister's house so I might stay again but not a place to go out of the way to find. No major objections but not memorable.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank lotsawops
Reviewed 3 July 2008

Hotel is needs some major renovations. Bathrooms are old and small, our room was hot! swamp cooler looked to be about 30yrs old. I am glad I only stayed 6 hrs in room! The staff was friendly. Breakfast area is very small. Pool was clean. Only positive is that its right off of HWY 126 and about 5 fast food resturants within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank desertchick27
Reviewed 30 May 2008

We came in @ midnight & the manager was very nice. He opened the office rather than make us stand outside in the cool night air. The room was quite large & quiet. The bathroom had recently been redone so the shower was wonderful - massage shower head, curved shower curtain rod, & liquid bath soap & shampoo dispenser! I hate bar soap & was glad to see this in the shower area. Towels were nice & big. Room was very clean. Cable TV was very useful - it was digital so there was a bit of a better selection along with show descriptions on the bottom. It was an easy drive the next morning into Carpenteria. The continental breakfast was served from a very small table but there were 2 Belgian waffle makers, toast, cereal, juice, milk & coffee. We did not eat it as we had a long day so had a later, larger breakfast from IHOP. They were ok. Mexican might have been better but we needed a family friendly location. Would definitely stay there again. All the staff was nice to us & no room key problems.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank twolfmom
Reviewed 8 May 2005

We stayed here for one night en route to Santa Barbara. The motel & room were clean, neat & tidy. The breakfast (in the lobby) was better than most. The place seemed to be popular with tradesmen. It's a good budget place for an overnight stop. Fillmore, is not a culinary oasis - about 6 Mexican cafes & 6 fast food joints. We settled for iHop - wished we hadn't - Mexican is probably better! The motel is on the main road but we had a quiet night's sleep. No real complaints - we would stay there again.

Now for the key story: When we checked-in we were greeted by a pan-faced lady in curlers - we'd obviously arrived at the wrong time. I tried my magnetic room-key 10 times. It didn't work and I requested a replacement, but instead I received a smug grimace! The lady in curlers accompanied us silently to the room, same key in hand and tried it 10 times. Our eyes met and this time it was I who gave the smug grimace! 5 more tries and voila, open sesame, the lady marched off with a triumphant air. We went to dinner and returned later. 10 tries, then 20 tries and the door opened reluctantly. The next morning, after breakfast, 10, 20 then 30 tries and the door finally opened - I was very glad that we were checking-out! We encountered the lady again at the reception desk - the curlers had done their job, but the face was still the same!

• Stayed: April 2005
12  Thank thrifty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fillmore
14 km away
Glen Tavern Inn
#1 of 4 in Santa Paula
18.2 km away
Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites

Been to Best Western La Posada Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK