“Great local lunch spot”

Hinata Japanese Steak House
Ranked #48 of 262 Restaurants in Fairfield
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

My wife & I finally tried this spot for lunch. It didnt disappoint. We just got a bento box & a roll to share. But the roll--the Hawaiin breeze. OMG! It is delicious. I'd go back just for another roll.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

My neighbor and I went out for dinner and thought we would try something in the neighborhood that we had not been before, so we stopped in to the steak house and were we ever surprised! Turns out that you can sit at the hibachi table and get a performance or sit at a booth and order off the menu. We choose the table performance as it was about the same price and were we happy we did. Great chef, who was also very funny and different from those "other Japanese grill performers". I had the chicken and steak and it was cooked to perfection. Great value and really great taste. Will be back again, soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

This Japaneses eatery is very clean; it offers teppanyaki and table service; the menu selection is huge. Children's menu is available. Sushi prices are comparable to other area Japanese restaurants. Good for special occasions, but too expensive for everyday dining

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Fernando was great, the steak was true tenderloin and it was tender unlike other hibachi places we have visited. The scallops were fresh and cooked perfectly. The fried rice was amazing but the noodles they use are a little soft in my opinion. Otherwise perfect.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

We had been meaning to try this place every since it opened up in the old Applebee's space. It was great! If you go early enough, the rolls are half off! Friendly service too.