“My mistake, I ordered a fish head”

Hinata Japanese Steak House
Ranked #50 of 264 Restaurants in Fairfield
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I went by myself for lunch and ordered something I thought would be nice. It was a fish head. I will consider going back for the hibachi and vegetarian sushi, but I made a big mistake the first time.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

I had Hibachi Grill Teriyaki steak that had no flavor and way too much fat.
The sushi was good. Paid extra for fried rice which I thought was in lieu of steamed rice.
I well not return

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We came for lunch and were greeted by a somewhat surly waiter who seated us. We were glad of the lunch special which allows you to sample up to 6 different sushi items plus a miso soup. This is a great way to get acquainted with a new place. The rolls I ordered were good but the fried ones could have been a little more well done for my liking. Everything was presented well and clean. It was a good amount for my lunch to order the 4 piece combo. You can pick from both a selection of rolls and nigiri sushi. Give it a try.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

It smells so good when you get in - yummm! It's our first time to try this place and we didn't know there's a hibachi grill in the restaurant. Place was decent and servers were friendly. We got the the veggie roll, tempura and the sushi special- which I liked about the place. We got 4 different items from the sushi special for about $8. Food was simple and plain-nothing special but would definitely be back to try the grill.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 10 April 2017

If you want a Benihana type experience but don't want to make the drive to Concord, then this is your place. It's just as good and close to home.

Date of visit: January 2017