“Clean and good value”

Comfort Inn Cordelia
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I was a little nervous booking this because since it's a Comfort Inn and isn't some 4-star hotel. But it's got good proximity to the highway to get to Napa (takes about 20-30 mins) and it's in a small kind of suburb, so it felt safe.

Rooms were clean, and pretty quiet.

If you're looking to go to Napa on a budget, this is really a great option.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gotaclou
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Clean room and hotel in general. Nice breakfast room. Hotel is getting quite run down (large patch on ceiling in our room), hallways and elevator scuffed up. My greatest concern was the gang-bangers roaming around the area. We arrived early and sat in our vehicle watching the activity. I almost cancelled our reservation but wasn't sure that anywhere else would be any safer. (No fault of the hotel and they didn't bother us or our vehicle.)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank C B
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We booked through Priceline for the deal of $53. What a great price for such a nice room. The king sized bed was soft. So nice from the usual rock hard beds in hotels. It was nice to actually sleep through the whole night without tossing and turning because of the bed. Ahh....
They even leave little candy mints in the room for you. Sweet! Very clean room and bathroom.
It was quiet on the third floor. All the employees we met were exceptionally nice - really. Possibly the nicest staff we've experienced in ages.

My only negative comment would be on the breakfast. It was served until 10:00. That was a positive but when we went down at 9:15 there was very little to pick from. My husband cannot eat wheat and there wasn't much to choose from beyond fruit that was ok for him. The waffle batter was gone and there wasn't much left of anything. I tried a muffin but didn't finish it. We took an apple and oranges. My orange was old and tasted old. As we left to go back to the room to eat our meager findings someone was asking the attendant across the hall to refill things. This bugs me about hotels with breakfast. They never seem to really staff it so you are forced to hunt down someone to keep things filled. I think this person across the hall was there for that reason but it was still pretty bare.

Beyond breakfast it was really an amazingly good deal and for that price I can buy breakfast if I have to! We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room when I made the reservation but they didn't assign it till we arrived...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paso-Local
Reviewed 14 December 2011

This hotel is ideally situated just west of Fairfield CA with easy access to I-80 and surrounding fast food choices. Only about 1/2 hr drive to Sonoma and Nappa Valley. Stayed there on business in mid November 2011. The price was extremely reasonable, being off season. Some of the rooms are via internal access others are accessed from the outside. The complementary breakfast was the typical found at a Comfort Inn offering both hot and cold items, well stocked and maintained. The rooms were clean and well kept while the exterior and hallways of some of the building a good cleaning or updating. Would definitely stay here if in the area again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank dch1046
Reviewed 2 December 2011

This is my second stay at Comfort Inn Cordelia. Only had 2 issues with the hotel during this stay, so let's get it out of the way: 1) It's a nice 25-30 minute commute to Oakland/SF, so be ready if you need to go there. I was visiting that area as well as Fairfield. The amenities of the hotel for the low price are worth the drive. 2) There was a power outage on the morning I checked out. It can happen anytime, anywhere, but just thought I'd throw it out there in case someone is really looking forward to reading something negative about this hotel.

Now, on the to good: My Oakland/SF friends asked me why I keep going to this hotel and it's so far away. It's not the Ritz or Marriott, but for very reasonable rates, you get a highcomparable to some of the upscale hotels that charge double/triple. This Comfort Inn is clean, quiet, and offers any possible toiletry you could dream of (shoe cleaning cloths? Yes). The bed and pillows were so comfortable that I did not even want to get out of bed to catch my flight. Wi-Fi worked great and they have reasonable TV channels. The complimentary breakfast is unbelievably diverse and delicious: do-it-yourself waffles, eggs, sausage patties, hot/cold cereal, fruit, danishes and bagels. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The best deal in the area!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo