“Not as Expected”

Add it.
Miko's Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #80 of 255 Restaurants in Fairfield
Reviewed 14 October 2017

This restaurant is a small, family owned business. As I approached the restaurant, I noticed that there was a part of the seating area used to store personal items. These were apparently the owners personal belongings. I found this odd in a public restaurant.
I was not impressed with the cleanliness of the customer areas. The sushi bar itself was not well attended and had many dirty dishes and glasses which had not been picked up.
The chef did not give a good impression of maintaining the high level of cleanliness that is expected and required in a sushi establishment. I was provided with complimentary miso soup and salad. I could not finish the soup as it had an off taste; very sour. The salad also was not up to sushi restaurant standard. I did not have any sushi as I was already put off by the first impression. The Udon I ate was not very appetizing and I did not finish it. The Sake was fine, however, they were charging $5.00 for both imported and domestic draft beer. Overall, I cannot recommend this as a sushi restaurant.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

Ah, the right rice, generous portions of fresh fish. It's SO SO VERY nice when it's done right. Bravo Curt

1  Thank Topgum
Reviewed 26 April 2016

We have been coming here for 7 years now on a regular basis. It is nice to walk in and they know what you want to drink and eat. The service is great as is the food. Kurt rocks....

Reviewed 2 November 2015

This was the only restaurant near our event that was open late. It turned out to be a great find. We both had a bento box and they were delicious! The waitress knew exactly when to come to our table. We will definitely be back when we come to an event at the Downtown Theater.

Reviewed 18 March 2015

We've gone there during lunch hours and had to literally take our food to go because we didn't have time to eat and get back to work. Food was ok, but probably won't go back during lunch hours.