“Real deal ”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

We were tired of always hitting the “chains” off the 80 so a little search turned up Chez Soul. A little ways off the 80 but not bad. Glad we did. It was a Sunday night and they were busy. Our server made us feel welcome. Deron (sp?) was our waiter. Can’t say enough good things about him. He was very attentive and friendly. Outstanding customer service. The food was top shelf as well. Ya ya gumbo with corn bread. Hush puppies, fried okra, deep fried pork chops that were tender and packed with flavor. They got a gang of good looking deserts too. They were out of sweet potatoe pie so it looks like I’ll be back next time I’m passing through.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Chez Soul is our favorite Fairfield stop. Great food, great service, friendly staff and patrons. Genuine southern soul food from ribs to fish to some of the best chicken you'll ever crunch into. Give it a try.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I've eaten at Chez Soul a couple of times and it's been such good southern home style cooking. The staff has been pleasant each time. I would recommend this as a casual good eatin' place

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We ventured to this place after a long day of shopping. We heard a lot of good things about it from friends so we wanted to try it ourselves. The wait was very minimal. The food was very good.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

The 45 minute wait for your food is just too long.
The cost for 3 meals was $85.00 for what? It's not fine dining nor plenty of food.
For the cost of the food the owner should invest in making it look more appealing inside than a cheap diner.

A couple of church members were seated and invited me to sit as I waited for my order. The service from the waiter was anything but desirable.