“Pretty mediocre for the chain”
Review of Straw Hat Pizza

Straw Hat Pizza
Ranked #51 of 241 Restaurants in Fairfield
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 20 October 2016

I have been to many Straw Hat locations, and this one by far was the least favorite one I have been to. I went for lunch with some friends. Normally I would order the pizza, salad and drink combo, but this place requires that you add on salad for an additional $3 (unlike the one I usually go to on Horizon). I prefer the combo so I can load up on salad and have the pizza for dinner.

Instead, I got the all you can eat buffet. Well, you would think at lunch they would constantly replenish the pizza, but nope, they were very slow in getting it out. The garlic knots were pretty cold and bland, the pizza choices something I would not have picked for myself, and once you add on a soda, I might as well have gotten the overpriced combo with salad.

The location itself is a little dingy - odd considering it is not that old. The women's bathroom is right across the hall from the kitchen, and the door was propped open, so there was little privacy, and just ewww.

On the plus side, the staff was really nice, but I would not go to this location again.

Reviewed 5 August 2016

We ended up eating here because the little brewery next door was packed. Pizza was okay, but overpriced. They didn't have the a/c on, and it was extremely stuffy in the place. Not a place I will rush back to visit.

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed dinner with a medium chicken bacon ranch pizza. Overall, the food was good with a nice atmosphere. Televisions on some of the booths, and a pool table in the next room made this seem like a nice place to meet friends and have a good time.

Reviewed 9 November 2015

We stopped in here for lunch....the pizza was very, very good and the employees were very pleasant!! We were there on a weekend but see that they have a M-F happy hour with great beer by the pint prices.

Reviewed 28 October 2015

We often eat here. It's great for a big family like ours! Plenty of choices for the varied appetites! And I can't say enough about the salad bar! FRESH FRESH FRESH!