“Gourmet Cuisine Par Excellence!”
Review of Monet's

Monet's
Reserve with OpenTable
Monet's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Monet's Wine Bistro is a must do experience in fine dining! Some may say it is pricey, but in light of what you get renders this a mute point. The cuisine is genuinely gourmet from the appetizers to the deserts. Only the wine comes from other sources. From exquisite service to even meeting the gourmet chef, this restaurant comes highly recommended. Whether it is for lunch, dinner or a special occasion, one cannot go wrong. Do bear in mind, the wines are very expensive.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

I love this place. The owner Jennifer is wonderful and is always very welcoming and friendly. This is true of her staff too. The food is fabulous and I've never been disappointed. Even if you just pop in for a glass of wine and something light-do it!!
The cheese platter is a work of art and if you like desserts you MUST try the Jack Daniels pecan tart (& I don't even like Jack Daniels!) Failing that go the whole hog and ask about the dessert tasting board. It'll easily satisfy 4 people.
The wines are superb and they're often changing them up.
If you're visiting the Sequoia NP this place is a stones throw from there and worth the very short detour.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

We had just come from long drive, so very hungry and thirsty. We stated this, yet the waiter waited on 3 more tables before bringing us water. Only 7 tables in the restaurant, and only 4 with people. Waitress finally took our order. My husband ordereed steak, which was excellent, however I order spinich salad for $18.50. If I wanted egg on it, $2 more. Once served, I had to stir the salda to get any of the dressing distributed.
Local wine was $9/glass. Everything very expensive, considering the area and the small restaurant.
Oh, liked the music, but way too loud.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

I had a hard time rating this restaurant, because the food was very good, but the restaurant was just too warm to really enjoy the food.
We had an early dinner...about 4:00 PM on a day on which the temperature was in thy high 90's. My first thought was that it was too hot in the restaurant, and then I thought it would be more comfortable when I cooled off from being inside.
My husband and I ordered our dinner. Service was very slow, which would not have mattered if were comfortable. The air conditioner was eventually turned on or down, and it got somewhat cooler, but not enough.
My husband had a lamb panini which was quite good as was my Cajun chicken salad.
The restaurant is very small and cute. They displayed deserts which looked very good, but we were way to hot to consider a desert.

1  Thank Susan H
Reviewed 25 February 2017

Quaint French restaurant in cute Central California town. The menu is truly French and truly extraordinary. We've travelled extensively in France and can attest to the quality and creativity of the menu here...just like dining at a small and fine Paris restaurant. Service is attentive and the décor is playful and fun. The town is really cute with murals and attractive public spaces for walks and shopping. A not-to-be-missed gem in Central California. Also...it's just a few minutes from here to the foothills of the Sierra Nevada...beautiful in the springtime.

1  Thank OCReporter2

Been to Monet's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK