New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
Arcata, California
“Geez”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

So I arrived late on a Monday night after a long trip from home. I was exhausted! The man greeted me coldly and checked me in. Before I could walk away however he told me "No parties" I told him I just wanted a good nights sleep. I went to my room and noticed right away how absolutely frigid it was. I cranked up the heater and got out my sleeping bag seeing as how the bedding looked questionable at best. I looked around at the dingy room and wasn't impressed. The light in the bathroom barely worked and by that I mean you were lucky if it came on at all. So after crawling into my sleeping bag I quickly fell asleep. The next morning I awoke and called the front desk to ask for a late checkout which the same man allowed me another half an hour. I was surprised at that and yet he still was very rude to me over the phone. I took a shower and was disgusted by the towels which were stained with what looked like grease. I quickly got my gear together and got the hell out of there. I turned in my key and wanted to just say hey I am checking out. The same man didn't even acknowledge me or say thanks for staying. So in summary I would not recommend this place and if you're going to stay bring a sleeping bag or extra blanket, lysol and a tough skin.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jonathan C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pismo Beach, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

this hotel is not a relaxing experience! clean and tidy as it is the comings and goings of dubious characters in rooms above and beside us was disconcerting to say the least... Pool was clean and as a keen early morning swimmer I was glad of that. The management needs to get their act together and clean up their guest list!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vickimckenna51

Travellers are raving about these Eureka hotels

LAKEWOOD
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

when we arrived after drivin 13 long hours we noticed there was a lot of traffic and prostitutes so when we checked in went to our room opened the door the smell was horrible the air conditioner did not work at all the bathroom floor was nasty it looked like it had not been moped in months the bathtub was nasty nd dried up paint inside of it the toilet was broken you had to lift the top lid up to flush just not sanitary at all ,the carpet was just plain nasty then we went to talk with the manager he didnt want to say to much we went out and brought or own cleaning supplies bleach/lysol the manager act like he did not no what to do then he tells us the house keepers are off later onwe went to see this beautiful indoor pool that is a diiferent picture from the web site so 2 of us slept inthe vann terrible then the next morning we see the house keepers who are young teenage girls who were no more than 13/14 years of age walking around with pillow cases and on there phones this is a terrible place to stay i would never ever recommend are stay there again .

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank TB38
San Jose, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

Neighborhood is sketchy and so were the other "guests." We wanted to be close to the Blues Festival but should have stayed further south. Maybe because it's close to downtown and the courthouse, but a variety of drunks and crackheads made it less than appealing.

Interior is your basic painted cinder block. However, the place is falling apart. Molding is peeling from the wall, latch plate for the door falling off, towels with holes and rust spots should be retired.

The "neighbors" barfing outside (when there's a toilet inside) woke me up and there was no sleeping after that. I'm pretty road hardened but I would not go there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Beemerfem
Olympia, WA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

Well, I chose to ignore the reviews and we paid the price. We picked this hotel because it was cheap and our excuse was "we just need a place to sleep for the night." Perhaps if it were just my husband and I travelling, but we had our 3 kids with us. I'll never do that again.

The man at the counter was quiet and unfriendly. He said no more than 10 words to me. The first thing that hit us, was the smell of the room. Even opening doors and windows couldn't relieve us of the dirty, musty, old smoke (it was a non-smoking room, too) smell.

The carpet was piled with dirt and grime. The walls were gross, and then bathroom was hideous (see picture of floor.) There was hair in the tub, the shower curtain smelled like laundry that has been left in the washing machine for days.

Our kids - who are avid swimmers - refused to go into the pool after seeing how dirty it was. I required them to wear socks or shoes at all times in our room.

I checked for bed bugs, but didn't find any, so I guess that's a plus.

We skipped the continental breakfast after seeing how stale and gross the muffins appeared (that, and some oj in a pitcher, was all that was offered.)

Two nights before, we had stayed at a 3 star hotel for $10.00 LESS because of a bid on Priceline. I highly recommend you do something similar before you settle on this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family