“Basically unremarkable, you can do better for the price”

Vigilucci's Trattoria Italiana
Ranked #32 of 318 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Rather tasteless bread served with bland dipping oil. Caesar salad was large whole romaine leaves arranged lengthwise on plate - nothing special, Chicken scaloppini was rubbery chicken served with a sauce too mild which could have used some browning all around. Desert cannelloni shells were really hard like 'crunch - crumble'. At these prices you can do better.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

My husband and I recently had a last minute date night opportunity and decided to visit Vigilucci's. We've lived in Encinitas for 6 years and heard great things, but had never been as Italian isn't our usual "go to". The restaurant was quite lively for a Tuesday evening. We love live music with dinner and the piano player was great. There is indoor and outdoor seating on the heated patio. We were seated quickly in a quiet room separate from the larger part of the restaurant which was nice, but we could still hear the music. There are traditional tables as well as more casual feel seating- large, comfortable looking chairs near a fireplace which is perfect for a "chilly" March evening.
Our servers were very attentive and our main server gave great drink, appetizer and drink recommendations. The menu is quite extensive with traditional pasta dishes and many options that don't include pasta heavy dishes. Our appetizer and entrees were excellent and were very generous portions.
Our overall experience was wonderful and we'll definitely be back.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Definitely worth the splurge!!!

We ate there with family visiting from out of town. I highly recommend reservations for weekends. We sat in the back building, which was really nice since we were talking a lot. My only recommendation would be to turn the music down. I asked the server to turn it down so we could hear better and it still was too loud.

Food and service were excellent! I had the lasagna, my husband had shrimp pasta, kids ate off the kids menu fettuccine and macaroni and cheese. Desserts were heavenly: kids shared the chocolate lava cake with a scoop of gelato. We shared the gelato with fruit and cream.

Parking is a challenge in this area, they provide valet parking for $5.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

A great place for traditional Italian eats in a small ,intimate setting. The staff was prompt and friendly, the food is superb and the music was great. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

made reservations for 7, was seated at 7:20 (boo). Nice setting, but very noisy. Took a long time for someone to come get the order and longer for the food to show up. When it did it was good (not excellent, but fine). I had vitello di porchini and my wife the ossobusco. Tiramisu and calamari so-so. The Nero d'avola was fine but in my opinion wine list was pricey given several I knew were more expensive than average. We walked, so parking wasn't an issue; however, i had the impression that could be a small hassle. Overall, food was good but not astounding, decor nice, service was slow. I'd go back because it has the nicest decor of the area.