“fine but slow service”

Vigilucci's Trattoria Italiana
Reserve with OpenTable
Vigilucci's Trattoria Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 326 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 February 2018

made reservations for 7, was seated at 7:20 (boo). Nice setting, but very noisy. Took a long time for someone to come get the order and longer for the food to show up. When it did it was good (not excellent, but fine). I had vitello di porchini and my wife the ossobusco. Tiramisu and calamari so-so. The Nero d'avola was fine but in my opinion wine list was pricey given several I knew were more expensive than average. We walked, so parking wasn't an issue; however, i had the impression that could be a small hassle. Overall, food was good but not astounding, decor nice, service was slow. I'd go back because it has the nicest decor of the area.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Average food and service overall. This was my family’s first time here. Our table of 7 was seated in a downstairs back room. No ambiance which set the tone for the evening. When we were seated I was slightly worried that this table away from everyone else would make it difficult for our waiter to provide good service & unfortunately I was right - we had to ask several times for children’s menu, water to be refilled, more bread, etc.
My seafood ravioli was really good and so was another’s chicken parmigiana. But the lasagne & scallopini porcini others had was average & they said they would not order again.
I will try this place one more time for a final opinion because the location and the overall building is nice but unless you want total privacy I would not recommend the back rooms.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Having already visited the Carlsbad outlet was expecting the same standard here and wasn't disappointed. Reduced priced cocktails are offered at the Bar along with complimentary nibbles, then a selection of reduced priced appetizers. A great way to meet locals, chill and enjoy the live pianist from 5pm. A little pricey, but a great spot. A large restaurant and terrace if available for diners. Recommended.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

We were craving Italian food and found this restaurant was able to satisfy our craving. We were there on a Saturday night and the place was extremely busy. We were able to sit on the patio with heat lamps which made it easier to talk with our friends. The menu has a very nice variety of pastas and entrees which made it hard to choose. All of us enjoyed our choices. The staff was friendly and very efficient even though they were so busy.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Feels like stepping into an old school East Coast Italian restaurant. Great fun (the young waiter even helped us brush up our Italian) and food delicious. The Cioppino generous flavorful portion. Would start with the Artichoke/cheese appetizer. Two deserts for a table of four was more than ample. Nice selection of wines in the $36 to $50 range. Valet parking on site. Easy access on the Coast Highway.