South Swell Surf Lessons - CLOSED
Review Highlights
My 7 year old son and I did a surf lesson...

Reviewed 7 August 2010
pph75
Raleigh, NC
South Swell Surf Lessons Rule!

Reviewed 28 April 2010
S0K0
Chicago

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Want to do some surfing while in the San Diego area but DON"T want to be lumped into a class of 25 kooks just looking to stand up once and get a photo just to say you "surfed"? Then call South Swell for a customized experience. They know the area and will not tell you to show up at a pre-determined tent on the beach just to make this easy on them and cram you into a "one size fits all" opportunity. Instead they will meet you at a spot that best suits your experience level and what you are trying to accomplish AND is convenient to where you are staying. For the same price as you might pay for a "semi-private" lesson at the WalMart version of the surf lesson that is so frequent in tourist destinations, South Swell will give you a more personalized experience.

1  Thank 1999Spurs
Reviewed 7 August 2010

My 7 year old son and I did a surf lesson today with an instructor named Austin. It was awesome. He was very patient with both of us and made the experience perfect. I highly recommend a surf lesson with this company if you want to enjoy the ocean while in the area.

Reviewed 28 April 2010

My fiance and I just came back from our trip to San Diego. We had never been there before and I wanted to go surfing, so I simply searched places online and found South Swell. The lesson was awesome! I spoke to Ryan from South Swell on the phone and over email prior to the trip, and everything was really easy. He suggested we take our lesson at Solana Beach because it was closer to our hotel than Encinitas. They provided directions to the beach, wetsuits, boards, and lessons. Our instructor, Al, was super nice and really helpful. We had a little waterproof camera and Al even took pictures of the two of us in the middle of helping us surf.

I highly recommend South Swell to anyone looking for lessons in the San Diego area. It was so simple to set-up, and was so much fun.

Reviewed 4 March 2010

if your looking to learn to surf in North County San DIego, then look no further! South swell surf lessons was the best experience ive had yet. Our instructor Ryan was so patient and informative and provided us with all the essentials at a great price! I would recommend these guys to anyone looking to learn to surf.

Reviewed 7 September 2009

We were in southern CA visiting from Cincinnati. Ryan found a great location that wasn't crowded with a sandy bottom (no rocks to hit your head or scrape you feet on). He was also very patient and helped me catch multiple waves. It was a great morning and I would highly recommend him. One of the best highlights of our trip to Southern CA.