South Swell Surf Lessons - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Thank You South Swell!

Southswell is the best! I took a couple weeks of lessons with Southswell right before leaving to... read more

Reviewed 13 March 2012
Meggie P
Raglan, New Zealand
My 7 year old son and I did a surf lesson...

Reviewed 7 August 2010
pph75
Raleigh, NC

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2010

My 7 year old son and I did a surf lesson today with an instructor named Austin. It was awesome. He was very patient with both of us and made the experience perfect. I highly recommend a surf lesson with this company if you want to enjoy the ocean while in the area.

Reviewed 28 April 2010

My fiance and I just came back from our trip to San Diego. We had never been there before and I wanted to go surfing, so I simply searched places online and found South Swell. The lesson was awesome! I spoke to Ryan from South Swell on the phone and over email prior to the trip, and everything was really easy. He suggested we take our lesson at Solana Beach because it was closer to our hotel than Encinitas. They provided directions to the beach, wetsuits, boards, and lessons. Our instructor, Al, was super nice and really helpful. We had a little waterproof camera and Al even took pictures of the two of us in the middle of helping us surf.

I highly recommend South Swell to anyone looking for lessons in the San Diego area. It was so simple to set-up, and was so much fun.

Reviewed 4 March 2010

if your looking to learn to surf in North County San DIego, then look no further! South swell surf lessons was the best experience ive had yet. Our instructor Ryan was so patient and informative and provided us with all the essentials at a great price! I would recommend these guys to anyone looking to learn to surf.

Reviewed 7 September 2009

We were in southern CA visiting from Cincinnati. Ryan found a great location that wasn't crowded with a sandy bottom (no rocks to hit your head or scrape you feet on). He was also very patient and helped me catch multiple waves. It was a great morning and I would highly recommend him. One of the best highlights of our trip to Southern CA.

Reviewed 14 April 2009

I took a one hour lesson that included a soft top surfboard, wetsuit and all the instruction I needed to get up on my first day. The instructor was very patient and professional. I had a blast with them and will be back soon for my next lesson.

SouthSwellSurfLessons.com