1,512 results
All reviews full kitchen living room amtrak station san francisco free parking train noise king suite small kitchen free breakfast california zephyr public market railroad tracks walking distance yogurt home away from home food court light sleeper
Reviewed 17 November 2017

This was more like a motel/hostel than a Hyatt hotel - in terms of the first impression. First, when we arrived with 4 luggage - we were told there was no bell man - it's self service. Then when we asked about how to get (whether we could roll our 4 pieces of luggage over or needed to get a car take us) to the Emeryville train station behind the hotel, (which was the only reason we picked this place) to catch our luxury train to Chicago, at least on two occasions with different staff, we were met with puzzled looks, blank stares. It baffles me cos there must be tonnes of travellers staying there to catch the California Zephyr! Our room overlooked the parking lot, and the train station - which was ok, until a car alarm went off at 3am and didn't get shut off until what seemed like eons ...

On the positive side, the room was spacious and new, the breakfast alright, nothing memorable. Location was great, just next to the Emeryville station, which can be accessed by the back parking lot and there's an elevator for those with luggage - go up and cross the bridge to the station. Because there's no bellman, we took the trolley, rolled our luggage over and returned the trolley. (Not sure if it's allowed, we didn't ask the receptionist for permission - just because this place doesn't seem very service oriented). You can walk to the big West Elm mall, Trader Joes, etc across the road to the left of the front entrance, or turn right and past the construction, there's a marketplace with lots of restaurants (which we only saw when we were across the street at the train station) - so there's plenty to eat around here. Hertz is also just 2 mins away at the Marriott hotel (but that's another story)

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
HH_Emeryville_MGR, Manager at Hyatt House Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Hello Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your review of your stay with us at the Hyatt House Emeryville. While we are pleased that several aspects of your stay appeared to be fairly positive, we are disappointed that you were left with a lackluster feeling regarding our customer service and lack of a bellman.
We definitely apologize that these issues impacted your stay in the manner in which they did. While the Hyatt House brand of hotels prides ourselves on providing exemplary customer service to our guests, luggage assistance is indeed provided on an "as-needed" basis from our Housekeeping department. We are more than willing to assist with this, and apologize that there was a miscommunication regarding this.
We certainly hope to have you stay with us again and apologize that this stay left you with a disappointed feeling. If you decide to return, please reach out to a member of management staff so that we can ensure that your next stay is much improved.

Thanks again for staying with us and we wish you safe travels to your next destination!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Excellent hotel - has everything I need.I wish long term rates were better. I'd live here. But so it goes - the sales department was unwilling to negotiate rates, wanting me to pay a higher rate for long term than for the 4 days I spent this time

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 15 November 2017

No issues at all, the customer service was superb and the rooms were very accommodating with comfortable beds. My room was next to the Amtrak station, making it a bit loud at some times in the middle of the night, but I am used to noises and it did not bother me. Emeryville is not far from SF, but the bridge makes it a bit far - with traffic and fast track pass it took about 45 mins in the morning by lyft (if your driver HAS fast track) and cost about $22-26 including a $5 tip. The return trip is a breeze if there is no event/accident and after 8pm. I would stay again, but only if I could avoid the SF traffic in the mornings and I was here for business and it was much cheaper to stay here than in the city, as I was there for dreamforce conference - hence very inflated hotel prices. Breakfast was a nice addition, which is included:)

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2017

This is probably the best hotel in Emeryville, conveniently located (next to the Emeryville Amtrak station and the shuttle to BART), and more moderately priced than many in the immediate area. The rooms are nice and the breakfast (included) quite good, with hot food. Some attention to detail would improve things: most rooms have connecting doors that are not soundproof, and sometimes you hear things from next door that you would rather not hear. Lack of soundproofing seems a real anachronism today. Also the hall carpet outside my room had the same litter on it all four days I was there.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank ptolemy10
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Seriously I stayed here so many times and I am sad to be writing such a horrible review but here it goes, blood on bathroom floor, broken garbage disposal with old smelly food. When I complained the front desk staff at first refused to help clean or move me, they instead offered me, Lysol disinfectant wipes to clean it myself, and I got hung up on 3 Times during this whole process.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank Sharnae M
HH_Emeryville_MGR, Manager at Hyatt House Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Hello Valued Guest,

Thank you for completing a TripAdvisor Survey regarding your recent experience with us at the Hyatt House Emeryville. We regret that your experience failed to meet your expectations, as it is clear that our efforts to improve the noted situations fell short. You have our apologies for this, and we will strive to improve where ever possible for the benefit of our guests.

With that in mind, we would welcome the opportunity to serve you again in the future. If you do decide to return, please reach out to our management team, so that we can ensure that your future stay(s) are that much better than your last.

Once again, thank you for staying with us at the Hyatt House Emeryville, and we wish you safe travels to your next destination!