“Seedy area of town with housekeeping issues”

HYATT house Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Emeryville
Reviewed 20 October 2017

I stayed at this hotel on 10-10-17. The area of town that the hotel is in is pretty seedy. A lot of locals hanging in the adjoining parking lots. Thankfully the hotel has a restaurant and a pantry so I didn't have to venture out for food since I didn't have a car. Upon check in the lobby was vey nice and the front desk staff was nice as well. Very speedy check in. The room was very nice as it has a small kitchen, a living room with a separate bedroom. There was a small Juliet type of balcony that you could stand outside on. I tried to keep the door open but my room overlooked the Amtrak train tracks so it was pretty noisy. When I walked into the bedroom I noticed a dirty cleaning rag on the floor that housekeeping left behind. Didn't bother me too much as the room was clean except when I went to use the toilet it was full of urine. That was unacceptable. I went to the front desk to let them know. They offered to have housekeeping come back to the room but I told them that it wasn't necessary. They then gave me a $20 vouch to use in the restaurant or pantry so dinner only ended up costing me $9.00. I had a co-worker staying at the hotel as well. He was there for 2 nights and when he got back to his room the first night all of his personal belongings had been removed. He called the front desk but since it was about 9pm housekeeping was gone and they could not locate his possessions. He had to wear the same clothes the next day but they did provide him with toiletries. He emailed management to inform them of the situation. He finally got a call at 3 in the afternoon to let him know that is stuff had been found. Still not sure what happened however, the hotel refunded him for one nights stay. I think this is a fairly new hotel and they still have a lot of tweaking to do..

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the water and not the train tracks
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 October 2017

My family selected the Hyatt House instead of the Hyatt Place down the street because it offered 1 bedroom suites for approximately the same price as the standard bedrooms. I was disappointed for the following reasons: (1) Staff was overall friendly but at check-in, the host gave me unsolicited information and snarky attitude. (2) I can hear the air conditioning unit every time I pass by the elevators. (3) The hotel despite being new shows a lot of wear. (4) The suites are small. (5) Most importantly, one side of the hotel faces the train station and you can hear the trains especially at night. I thought it was weird that the hotel provided earplugs on the bedside tables. It totally made since that night when I heard the train. On the positive side, the complimentary breakfast buffet was good and you can order fresh omelets. Parking is free and plenty.

TIPs.
- Not all suites have electric stove tops.
- Get rooms facing the hotel pool and not the train station.
- Get higher floor rooms.
- Suites come with showers or tubs.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 15 October 2017

We enjoyed our two night stay. The hotel is clean and the staff are friendly. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice.
Good access from the Amtrak station via the bridge, with a lift at both ends.
Astonishing vibrations from the Amtrak engines below. For a few minutes our bed was vibrating in frequency with the engines, and we were on the 12th floor! That said, we slept OK, the hotel provides earplugs and a comforting noise machine if you have a problem getting off to sleep.

Room Tip: Station is at the rear!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank goinggray
HH_Emeryville_MGR, Manager at HYATT house Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Hello Valued Guest,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor survey response regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt House Emeryville. We will certainly investigate your noted comments, as we are always seeking to improve our operations as much as possible for the enjoyment of our guests.

Thanks for staying with us, and we wish you the safest travels!

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We stayed a couple nights after having to evacuate our area because of the fires in Northern California. This was the best hotel we could find with room and dog friendly. The staff was nice to us including the cooks and general manager. They took care of us and made sure we were fed and when more family showed up they made sure to accommodate all of us together. I would return here in the future. The location is perfect as well with Bay Street in the area and groceries across the street and east freeway access. Thank you staff at Hyatt Place emeryville for taking care of us in the time of need and shelter we really appreciated everything.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Hello Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay with us at the Hyatt House Emeryville. Without question, we extend our deepest sympathies for the challenges you have been dealing with in relation to the wildfires in Napa.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and wish you safe travels to your next destination!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emeryville
0.2 km away
5 km away
Claremont Club & Spa, A Fairmont Hotel
3.8 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina

Been to HYATT house Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK