“Fantastic food, poor service.”
Review of Lola's Lounge

Lola's Lounge
Ranked #30 of 296 Restaurants in Elk Grove
Cuisines: Latin
Reviewed 2 August 2018

This restaurant has a great ambiance and excellent food, but the service was extremely slow and unresponsive. We had to ask several different people to bring us drinks and again for refills. A member of our party ordered paella, and we were warned it could take 40 minutes, but even our appetizers and salads were slow to arrive. If you have a lot of time and are not very hungry when you show up, this is a great place to spend an evening with friends.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

The food was tasty, the service terrific, and the mojito and lemon drop drinks yummy. The weather was mild enough that we parked and walked, so we did not avail ourselves of the patio dining.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

My friend and I decided to go here for our monthly outing. We were seated immediately (Tuesday evening) and Anthony came to take our drink orders. My friend ordered a drink and I chose to stay with water. We ordered the guacamole and chips. The guacamole was creamier than I like it (I like it chunky with cilantro, onions, and tomatoes.) but the chips were great. Anthony took our food order and put it in right away since it said that the paella takes about 40 minutes. He was very attentive with refilling our water and checking in on us.
The paella arrived much sooner than the expected wait time and was delicious. It truthfully was enough for 3 people and priced well for a 2 person entree.
Anthony shared information about music entertainment and when he works so that we can come back and visit. We will definitely come back and try some of the other items on the menu. I am truly interested in the Cuban sandwich. I am from Chicago originally and have been disappointed at California's renditions of a Cuban sandwich. Hopefully, Lola's will change my mind. :)

1  Thank Christina S
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

In Elk Grove so friends suggested meeting at Lola’s. The Mojito’s were very good. I ordered the Cuban Sandwich, 2 could share it. One of the best I’ve had outside Miami. My friends had the Mac n’ Cheese with Chorizo with just the right amount of spice and creaminess. The Fish Tacos were very good but messy. The Shrimp Scampi was a favorite.

1  Thank Terirv
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Went here for a family dinner on a Wednesday evening, so it wasn't very crowded. It took close to an hour for our food to be served to us, and about thirty minutes for us to get our check after asking our waitress for it. Despite the slow service, the food was pretty good. I recommend the Quesadilla con Pollo.

Been to Lola's Lounge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK