“Authentic tasting Mexican cuisine!”

El Jardin Fine Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 296 Restaurants in Elk Grove
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 24 March 2018

I was visiting my brother in California (I'm in Virginia) and asked him to take me to the best Mexican food he could think of. We went here for lunch and I was impressed. The chips are made of actually tortillas and cut very thick, which is nicely paired with their white sauce, queso and salsa. I got the shrimp fajitas and loved the seasoning on them. I am a Mexican foodie and really wish they had one of these in my area! When I come back to visit CA, I'll be back!

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Located in the Bel Air shopping center. A casual restaurant with helpful and friendly staff. Pretty good dining selection for lunch or dinner. The La Compuesta(taco salad) is quite good. Food quality is consistently good.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

So close to home and ALWAYS good food, in our opinion, esp their flour tortilla chips, yumm and Huge Taco Supreme fulled with real beef ..

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Was in the neighborhood around lunch time and thought we would give these guys a try. To start off the Host seemed as though he really didn't want to be there. After being seated we were promptly given menus and our order was taken. 20 - 30 min. later we received our meals for 4. First persons burrito was so cold the inside cheese was not even melted. The chicken dish was so tough to chew it was sent back, but the sauce was very good. 3rd persons meal was also cold. After all the reheating of the dishes, it actually tasted halfway descent.

This was our 2nd time at this restaurant and it seems to be a pattern to receive cold food. Although the tastes were good and yummy, waiting for a cold meal is not something I would like to revisit.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Had our annual "Cousin's Dinner" here with a group of seven. Very nice margaritas and a variety of fine entrees. Service was good, the meals were nice with good fresh ingredients. We were not hurried so we had a very good evening.