“Out of the ordinary!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Latrobe Road
Reviewed 11 February 2017

It's the Wandering Yank here. Friends who are long-time residents of El Dorado Hills suggested we meet them here, as they had enjoyed it before. A good idea it turned out!

Between us, we had leg of lamb shish kebab, Ashak, vegetarian platter, pumpkin puree, eggplant, spinach rice, and baklava, as well as a few glasses from the surprisingly interesting and extensive wine list. We're not experienced with Afghan cuisine, but we were very impressed with the interesting flavors and freshness. The eggplant, recommended by the owner (very nice lady), something which I probably wouldn't have ordered, was excellent! And the pumpkin puree was very good as well.

The place is very inviting. The walls are decorated with Afghan carpets for sale. Service was perfect, and her recommendations were all excellent. Prices were fine for the quality of the food and the experience.

We will definitely return one day. 2 enthusiastic thumbs up!

Reviewed 6 February 2017

I have been here many times and enjoy every visit. The food is fresh and delicious. I love the different flavors. The eggplant that comes with dishes is my favorite. I haven't tried the pumpkin because it's spicy, but my friends like it. The service is wonderful--attentive, but they do not rush you through your meal. Highly recommend.

1  Thank CAFamily
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

This was my 4th or 5th time eating here. The food is delicious. I have not found a bad item on the menu. The lamb is delicious. I also really like the pumpkin purée. Service is attentive. This is a good place for a great meal.
The carpets on the walls are absolutely beautiful. It is a gallery of Persian carpets. In fact, some are for sale. I suggest that you order Chai with your meal.
You won't regret trying a lunch or dinner here.

1  Thank BuffaloCountyBob
Reviewed 18 January 2017

One of a few really good places to eat in El Dorado Hills. My daughter and I always order the same thing, the beef shammi kabobs with brown rice, spinach and pumpkin puree. You also get some yummy warm flatbread with dip. It's well priced during lunch and a little higher for dinner, but the quality of food is well worth it. The ambiance in the restaurant is cozy with turkish rugs throughout and calm lighting. The owner is very sweet and doesn't bother you with conversation or to plug his business. If you like authentic Afghan cuisine, come here. We're going to miss their food when we leave California.

Reviewed 29 November 2016

The Afghan food was very good, but you do have to have a bit of an acquired taste. It is a bit hard to find, so try and go with regular visitors. Large quantities so there will be take home for the next day. Lamb is great, and the rice dishes are very interesting.