“Delicious Afghan Food ”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Latrobe Road
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

This was my 4th or 5th time eating here. The food is delicious. I have not found a bad item on the menu. The lamb is delicious. I also really like the pumpkin purée. Service is attentive. This is a good place for a great meal.
The carpets on the walls are absolutely beautiful. It is a gallery of Persian carpets. In fact, some are for sale. I suggest that you order Chai with your meal.
You won't regret trying a lunch or dinner here.

1  Thank BuffaloCountyBob

Reviewed 18 January 2017

One of a few really good places to eat in El Dorado Hills. My daughter and I always order the same thing, the beef shammi kabobs with brown rice, spinach and pumpkin puree. You also get some yummy warm flatbread with dip. It's well priced during lunch and a little higher for dinner, but the quality of food is well worth it. The ambiance in the restaurant is cozy with turkish rugs throughout and calm lighting. The owner is very sweet and doesn't bother you with conversation or to plug his business. If you like authentic Afghan cuisine, come here. We're going to miss their food when we leave California.

Reviewed 29 November 2016

The Afghan food was very good, but you do have to have a bit of an acquired taste. It is a bit hard to find, so try and go with regular visitors. Large quantities so there will be take home for the next day. Lamb is great, and the rice dishes are very interesting.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

There was four of us for dinner, my brother and his wife, my wife and myself. Moses, the owner, again out did himself on the food for the four of us. We decide to eat on the patio this time, very nice and clean. Our dinners were nicely prepared along with our appetizer which was shared by all four. We had eaten here before and I can't write enough about the food served here at Bamiyan. We all highly recommend you stop here for dinner if you are in the area, you won't regret it, that's for sure!!!!

Reviewed 7 August 2016

My wife and I probably eat here at least once a month. Beef Shammi Kebeb with spinach rice and pumpkin puree. So delicious! The pumpkin puree is practically a dessert to tastes so good. My wife enjoys the eggplant instead of the pumpkin puree. The have an online ordering option but I think it's better just to call and place your order. It's family owned and everything is made from scratch. It usually takes about 25-30 minutes when we order pick-up. If you live in El Dorado Hills and you want some Afghan food, visit Bamiyan. Though we have not tried it, they also have flavored hookah pipe smoking.