“No Thanks”
Review of Motel 6 El Centro

Motel 6 El Centro
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in El Centro
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I checked in and checked right back out. My 11 year old daughter found a toenail clipping in the bed and hair everywhere while I was finishing unloading the car. The pillows had yellow stains on them too. It was obvious the sheets had not been changed. I asked for a new room and the man at the front desk was very apologetic and gave me another room and $5 credit. I went to check the new room and it smelled like sweaty @$$. We checked out and went across the street. I was looking for for a place to crash for a few hours while traveling through and have stayed at some really nice Hotel 6's but this was not one of them. I expected small room and less than luxurious bed but there is no excuse for filthiness. I have it 1 star because the man at the desk was helpful and agreed to refund the room charge after I had checked in.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Stay here only if you must save money. And sometimes we all must. The front desk staff is great. The rooms are tiny. The furniture is old. The floors are filthy and the towels are thin, small and ragged. The immediate area is populated by homeless people which never felt threatening but was a bit intimidating for our young grandchildren.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2017

Disappointing. People were nice. Lady who took our rooms reservation. Desk guy who had us a room by one PM.

After that, not so much. One room with bare wires from ripped out smoke alarm. One room with no toilet paper. One room with no hot water that night. Both rooms with huge 3/4 inch gaps in the composite wood flooring planks. No shampoo in either room. Really substandard mattresses that were awful to lay on.

Granted Motel 6 is budget hotel stuff. In the past, although it's been many years, they didn't seem all that awful. We both woke up early and I got a call from my business partner wondering if we could depart post haste. We did.

The TV advertising talks about the makeover. No coat of paint or new bedspreads can conceal the truth. No more Motel 6 for me.

PS) Nice people working there deserve a quality product. I rarely give out ratings of 2-- but the rooms were so sub-par, it just made us uncomfortable.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank ChinaLake1
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 El Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Dear ChinaLake, Thank you for taking the time to post your review and recognizing our excellent staff. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

The bed felt like an elephant person had crushed the springs on my side. VERY uncomfortable to sleep. The shower curtain was missing half its hooks, so no matter how we arranged it, the bathroom floor was soaking wet. I asked for a room away from the interstate (motel is right on the highway) and the first room we were given was not made up at all. So, after another wait the clerk finally switched it around so we got a room away from the interstate, on the corner, room 261. It was quiet, and the clerk was nice enough to accommodate us. Bed and shower curtain--AND the thin puny towels (typical Motel 6) were the worse things.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank duaneoftheozarks
Vanessa C, General Manager at Motel 6 El Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. Your feedback is very important to us.

We strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations.

Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Vanessa Cocova

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I are driving from Los Angeles to Dallas and we needed a place to stay to recover from our flight from Guam to LAX. We didn't need anything fancy, we just wanted something quick, cheap, and clean. We opted for Motel 6 since it wasn't too far from the highway and it was only $46 for the night. We got a queen sized bed in a non-smoking room. An added plus for some but a negative for others is that it allows pets. Up to 2 dogs I believe.

Anyways, the room we got was clean and the air conditioning was already running. The room overall was great for the price. There's the obvious downfalls of a budget hotel like being close to the highway and being able to hear the traffic. Some unexpected problems that I noticed was that the filter for the a/c was completely clogged with dust and hair. Clogged to the point that the hair made its way into the actual unit. This unfortunately left the air from the unit smelling pretty rank. The last problem was that the door had been misaligned or the door frame had been fixed so many times that the only way I could get the door to latch was by using excessive force and to use the deadbolt I had to pull up on the door handle to realign the door in the door frame.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple