See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Stay here only if you must save money. And sometimes we all must. The front desk staff is great. The rooms are tiny. The furniture is old. The floors are filthy and the towels are thin, small and ragged. The immediate area is populated by homeless people which never felt threatening but was a bit intimidating for our young grandchildren.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Vanessa C, General Manager at Motel 6 El Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. Your feedback is very important to us.

We strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations.

Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. Please dont hesitate to give us a call when ever you have concerns about your room we can do what ever we can to correct it. Please accept my sincere apology.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Disappointing. People were nice. Lady who took our rooms reservation. Desk guy who had us a room by one PM.

After that, not so much. One room with bare wires from ripped out smoke alarm. One room with no toilet paper. One room with no hot water that night. Both rooms with huge 3/4 inch gaps in the composite wood flooring planks. No shampoo in either room. Really substandard mattresses that were awful to lay on.

Granted Motel 6 is budget hotel stuff. In the past, although it's been many years, they didn't seem all that awful. We both woke up early and I got a call from my business partner wondering if we could depart post haste. We did.

The TV advertising talks about the makeover. No coat of paint or new bedspreads can conceal the truth. No more Motel 6 for me.

PS) Nice people working there deserve a quality product. I rarely give out ratings of 2-- but the rooms were so sub-par, it just made us uncomfortable.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank ChinaLake1
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 El Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Dear ChinaLake, Thank you for taking the time to post your review and recognizing our excellent staff. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

The bed felt like an elephant person had crushed the springs on my side. VERY uncomfortable to sleep. The shower curtain was missing half its hooks, so no matter how we arranged it, the bathroom floor was soaking wet. I asked for a room away from the interstate (motel is right on the highway) and the first room we were given was not made up at all. So, after another wait the clerk finally switched it around so we got a room away from the interstate, on the corner, room 261. It was quiet, and the clerk was nice enough to accommodate us. Bed and shower curtain--AND the thin puny towels (typical Motel 6) were the worse things.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank duaneoftheozarks
Vanessa C, General Manager at Motel 6 El Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I are driving from Los Angeles to Dallas and we needed a place to stay to recover from our flight from Guam to LAX. We didn't need anything fancy, we just wanted something quick, cheap, and clean. We opted for Motel 6 since it wasn't too far from the highway and it was only $46 for the night. We got a queen sized bed in a non-smoking room. An added plus for some but a negative for others is that it allows pets. Up to 2 dogs I believe.

Anyways, the room we got was clean and the air conditioning was already running. The room overall was great for the price. There's the obvious downfalls of a budget hotel like being close to the highway and being able to hear the traffic. Some unexpected problems that I noticed was that the filter for the a/c was completely clogged with dust and hair. Clogged to the point that the hair made its way into the actual unit. This unfortunately left the air from the unit smelling pretty rank. The last problem was that the door had been misaligned or the door frame had been fixed so many times that the only way I could get the door to latch was by using excessive force and to use the deadbolt I had to pull up on the door handle to realign the door in the door frame.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2017

This was a good value. Nice room and large pool. 20 minutes from Mexicali. I enjoyed this location so much I stayed an extra night. Carl's Jr next door for breakfast. Ice machine by front desk. Rooms by the front desk look a bit more secure.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Vanessa C, General Manager at Motel 6 El Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

Hello Thomas,
Thank you for your positive feedback about our Motel 6 here in El Centro. We strive to give our guest the best hospitality experience possible and I am really glad yours was great. We value you as our guest and appreciate your business. We hope to see you again at Motel 6 El Centro when your travel plans require a nights lodging. Again thank you for your response.

Best,