“Perfect For The Price!”
Review of Motel 6 El Centro

Motel 6 El Centro
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in El Centro
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel was pretty inexpensive so do not expect fancy rooms, workout area, or a restaurant. The rooms were very clean, the beds were very comfortable, the AC worked great in 100 degree weather, and the staff was very friendly. The pool is big and super clean; my children enjoyed it. The outside was kept as clean as the inside. It is within walking distance to a gas station, and a fast food restaurant. I am staying there every time I go through El Centro on my way to San Diego.

Room Tip: Children do play in the pool, so if you want quiet, choose a room far from the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Eva P
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

People & animals all around outside our room.....so was.. pretty noisy...dogs tied up outside a room so you had to go thru them to get to car.. ..Bed wasn't very comfortable.. wasn't impressed with any of it...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here overnight, however I would not mind having a longer stay. I checked in late and because the motel was full I unfortunately got a room facing the freeway, but until about 5 AM the traffic on I-8 was very light.

This Motel 6 is remodeled in the new corporate style, and while it does retain some furnishings from the previous era, it has laminate flooring throughout and no longer has those ugly bright blue bedspreads. It also has a flat screen TV, though the channels are all standard definition. The bathroom has been remodeled with a trendy new sink and black quartz countertops, though it still retained the old high-capacity-flush toilet (ironic given how Motel 6 puts low-flow restrictors even on the faucets).

The room was clean, though the light fixture in the bathroom could use having the dead insects cleaned out of it. There are some chips in the laminate floor from previous inconsiderate guests, and the laminate between the toilet and shower has a big water stain from an overflow that was not mopped up in time, but the room otherwise seemed decently maintained.

There is a parking area in back large enough for semi-trucks, several of which were parked there during my stay. There are some restaurants within walking distance including Carl's Jr (next door) and IHOP.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank RonTheTraveler
Armando Q, General Manager at Motel 6 El Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the 4662 El Centro. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. And we will definitly look into some of the things mentioned about the room to get them taken care of.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

The staff was great very profesional they try making your stay as best as possible.the rooms were very clean.rooms were remodel with plasma tv and free wifi and the air condioner was very cold made my stay great.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank ciscoki
Armando Q, General Manager at Motel 6 El Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Armando Quintero
Motel 6 El Centro, CA

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I could find only two hotels/motels that would accept a dog. The other hotel wanted $100 for my dog...not going to happen. I reserved a QUEEN room and instead was given a double full. The place was nearly empty so I am not entirely sure why this happened. I let it go because I'm 5 months pregnant and really I was tired of being in the car.

The bathroom was dirty, mysterious brown splash marks on the walls. Hair on the floor and in/around the shower (found as soon as we got into the room). Given the room was a double Full room I was surprised to find only one washcloth.

The skimpy one blanket on the bed didn't cut it. The new paint brightened the room up but perhaps they should consider redoing the weather stripping on the doors. I could SEE outside around the door which lead to wind and dust from outside coming into the room.

The front desk staff seemed pretty put out and rarely behind the desk. They also seemed completely unaware of any local amenities and/or places that were around that would deliver. The housekeeping staff on the other hand were super friendly and helpful!

All in all it was a cheap room so I can't be too upset. Glad to be home.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Armando Q, Manager at Motel 6 El Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the 4662 El Centro. I am sorry about the inconvenience you have to go through. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Armando Quintero