“Questionable”

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in El Centro
Tipp City, Ohio
“Questionable”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We usually stay in 3 star and 4 star hotels, so we didn't expect much from a 2 star hotel. It was shabby and outdated, but did have some pluses. The room had an iron. ironing board, refrigerator, microwave, hairdryer and an okay breakfast with fresh OJ, milk, danish, and fresh fruit. The room was clean and quiet. The king size bed was comfortable and there was no hint of smoke in the room. For $64, I guess it was okay.

Room Tip: Depends on what you are looking for...It was okay, just a 2 star room.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank laurelboo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Lake Hughes, California
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I liked this place until I had to stay in the building across the street. Do not stay in the other building. Stay in the main building, in the furthest corner from the office, or upstairs, not next to the office unless - you get up early. That room has a flat screen TV but, you hear the people putting breakfast together etc.
I hate to complain because I really liked it there. Across the street there were drug deals going on outside the room, a completely different feel then the main building.
For a few more $ Stay on the other side behind Denny's.

Room Tip: Main Building ONLY
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank dazzll
Reviewed 24 August 2011

The parking lot was empty when we pulled up. The exterior is dingy and needs a good cleaning and updating. However, the room was perfectly clean. They serve a free breakfast but I can't comment because I woke up too late. I wouldn't stay here again because for almost the same price I can stay across the street where its nicer.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank ntm138
Simi Valley
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Let us start with the heater. It was just a little quieter then a jet engine at take off, say 120dB so we had to turn it off because it would wake us all up every hour or so. But that was no big deal because the door had about a 1/4” gap so we had ample outside air pouring in all night. Too bad it was winter. I spent my night monitoring the sheets as the bed had no mattress cover. I mean, only about a thousand people slept on that spot my five year daughter had her face. Another fine point was the toilet. It had a leak so it would constantly run. Good news however was there was only one roll of toilet paper which my children quickly dispatched. I cannot vouch for the continental breakfast since ObamaCare has not kicked I did not want to risk a trip to the hospital to have my stomach pumped. I went to visit my family across the street from the Howard Johnson. We stayed there once before so even though it seemed peculiar that the parking lot was empty I decided to go with what I knew instead of trying an unknown. Now I know why.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dennisburgenstrife

Travellers are raving about these El Centro hotels

california
Reviewed 17 October 2008

Could not ask for more at the price, excellent value

• Liked — had everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)