“Great Property, but you will pay for it!”

Four Seasons Hotel Silicon Valley at East Palo Alto
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Palo Alto
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Everything you expect from a five-star property is here. Amazing staff, first-rate facilities, awesome rooms, great food, etc.

Our stay was exceptional. We really enjoyed hanging at the pool with excellent service.

Have to admit though that I was a bit surprised by the price. Yes, I knew the room rate and was prepared for it. I was not however expecting everything else to be quite as expensive as we found. While the food was all good, the prices stretched reason. Charging for wifi at this room rate is ridiculous.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LetsGoGuy
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

The hotel looked decent when we arrived, if only a little plain and generic for our taste. The room (we were booked into a suite with a connecting bedroom) was clean. The bathrooms are nice, with good amenities.

The service standards are quite low, however. One of the "minor" lapses included an unrequested crib and rollaway bed set up in our room during the time we were out for dinner and opera (that was quite a surprise when we came back!), and the breakfast not being delivered to the room the morning of my university graduation.

The most interesting part came after we checked out, however. A few days later, we started receiving increasingly nervous messages from our bank about strange charges appearing on the account. Once I looked through the credit card statement, I have noticed several authorizations from FS East Palo Alto (amounts ranging from $4.4k to $6.2k), for the total amount of about 15k (in addition to the correct charges to settle the bill). When I called the hotel, the front desk couldn't be less helpful, claiming they did not authorize anything extra. When asked to speak to the manager, was told that the manager was busy talking to other guests (apparently there are a lot of issues to deal with). The only person who managed to help us was Jennifer from accounting, who at least managed to see the authorizations (after a while) and made the merchant bank deal with our bank directly. The funniest part is that while we were on the phone with her, another authorization was made (for $4.4k). We are likely not having access to this money for at least a month. We were never offered any apologies from the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank asvist
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration we caused you after we mistakenly obtained duplicate credit card authorizations for your charges. I have spoken with our accounting department and am pleased that the situation has been rectified. While we strive to deliver a seamless Four Seasons experience for all guests, we look forward to the next opportunity to regain your trust in us.

Peter Walters
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 18 June 2012

This hotel is primarily a business hotel situated in East Palo Alto right off the 101 freeway. The hotel is very plain, nothing bad and nothing great about its aesthetics. The rooms are nice and the bathrooms are fabulous. Service was also very good. The hotel is conveniently located close to all the stores and restaurants in downtown Palo Alto but you will have to take your car there, as it is not within walking distance. Overall this hotel is very nice and works great for a business trip.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Staying at the Four Seasons is like taking a breath of fresh air: you know that most things are taken care of for you and you can truly relax. As a frequent traveler (and typically prefer Westin Hotels), I compare this hotel to many of the others in the area and was extremely impressed by the level of quality and service. All the staff addressed me by name each time they helped me; I requested a small fridge for my room and one was brought up within 10 minutes. Never was there a problem for anyone to accommodate my requests (and I tend to be very picky).

The room was great: l'Occitane, robes, and a super comfy bed (better than Heavenly Beds). My room faced the freeway but heard no noise from the cars. But my view also allowed a view to the Bay which was appreciated. Location of this property in Palo Alto is great: access to Nordstrom Rack (in case you have wardrobe malfunction) or to downtown Palo Alto.

So, if you want luxury accomodations, and can afford to pay for it, Four Seasons is the place. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Bay.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We had a family vacation in San Francisco from may 23-29 2012. We had spent our initial night at the Omni in SF, it was good, and we were "satisfied". The next night we had mOved into the four seasons , as a wedding we were attending was closer to that area, we were blown out of our mind. Cleanliness- fantastic! My 5 year old had dropped his sock in the dark corner of a closet and under the bed, and not once did I have to cringe feeling like "eww, dirty spot in hotel'"
The staff was very pleasant and the hotel is very kid friendly- plenty of DVD's to choose from! The first night, my husband and
Son had a plate of cookies and birthday cake slice waiting for them in our room! Upgraded to executive suite! Fantastic! On day 4- the kids had little stuffed animals greeting them to bed when we returned at night! Oh it was fantastic! Bed was heavenly, location was about 30 min from SF, and the breakfast was great!
I would recommend staying here, parking is only 12$ vs 50$ in a city hotel and everything is close by if you have a car! SF is known for timy living quarters even with a 5 star hotel, We enjoyed the extra room for the kids to play and especially loved that the front desk knew our names! Now that is something special! Dinner at Quattro
Was the only thing I wasn't too impressed with, but everything else was so fantastic that I give this place 10 stars! We are very picky people, and we usually stay at only the best- look no further In SF, you are home

• Stayed: May 2012
The Westin Palo Alto
#9 of 27 in Palo Alto
4.6 km away
Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Silicon Valley at East Palo Alto? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK