All reviews the owner big pine comfy room the location is perfect wood floors huge bed motel experience cold night personal touch crater lake picnic tables snow storm downtown area long drive great place to stay back home love this place
Reviewed 16 September 2018

I was diverted off the I-5 during the Delta Fire and discovered Dunsmuir CA and the Dunsmuir Lodge. It was recommended by locals and I am glad! The lodge and rooms are quaint and comfortable set in forest trees. While an old fashioned lodge - it was so much better. The King size bed with a rustic wood bed and lovely cotton quilt was comfortable and comforting. The owners were kind and helpful. One thing to remember about these older travel lodges is the electrical outlets are not made for our newer gadgets, like hair dryers (in the bathroom the only electrical outlet was in the light) but the owners thought of that and had a power bar strip in the room that fulfilled the need. I would definitely stay here again for the experience, history and to explore the quaint town. Next time without a wildfire!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2018

Interstate shut due to fire. Feeling bereft and tired, I pulled in here. Eric, the owner, was friendly and helpful. He booked me in right away. He reassured everyone that they would knock on the door in the case of evacuation. He was knowledgeable and kind. The bed was comfortable and the room very clean. Everything was in order. As a woman traveling alone I felt safe and cared for.

Room Tip: I was in room 8 and the bed is made of logs. Nice quilt. Could hear my neighbor's TV but oh well.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Dunsmuir L, Owner at Dunsmuir Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

thanks for your review! we aim to please with clean, comfortable rooms and excellent customer service to make sure your stay is as comfortable as possible! I'm glad we could provide a safe and secure feeling for you during this time. It has been very trying... As long as we are here, we will continue to serve our guests and fire-crews like they were family! --Eric @ the Dunsmuir Lodge

Reviewed 5 September 2018

If you are looking for a reasonably priced, clean room and do not want a roadside, chain motel experience I recommend the Dunsmuir Lodge. It is a funky, vintage motel with a personal touch. Nothing pretentious, but charming with warmth. Not for everyone, but I loved it!

Also, I drive an electric car and the lodge has a level 2 charging station... bonus (no 110 trickle charging).

Stayed: August 2018
Dunsmuir L, Owner at Dunsmuir Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

thanks for your review! We aim to please with clean comfortable rooms and friendly staff.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

I stumbled upon Dunsmuir Lodge over a year ago driving to Oregon. I now stop there every time I drive to the Bay Area. It's a most wonderfully charming lodge that has super log bed frames with home made quilts. Literally best sleep ever here.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Dunsmuir L, Owner at Dunsmuir Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you very much for your review. It's amazing how many repeat guests we have coming once, twice or more per year on their regular travels north or south along the west coast. We try hard to make sure each and every guest feels welcome and has the most comfortable night possible. We value our guests' business like no corporate hotel ever will. -Eric @ the Dunsmuir Lodge

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

We stopped on our way to crater lake from Sonoma County, California. To spend a night. Check in was very efficient & I think it was the owner ( very polite nice man ) who checked us in. Room was very clean & comfortable. Had refrigerator & microwave. Bed & pillows comfy. No hair dryer in room so bring your own. We are so glad we stopped here. The price was excellent too !

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Dunsmuir L, Owner at Dunsmuir Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thanks for your review; glad you were happy with your room. We aim to please. We have been here since 2005 making guests comfortable and happy. We do have hair driers in our premium room or available in the lobby if you're in an economy or standard room; and there is a microwave in the lobby for you to use anytime. We have nice, clear weather and temperatures are lower, too!