“Meh. Meh?”

Holiday Inn Dublin
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Hotel didn't excite me, but was OK for the business trip.

Sleep Number bets worked well enough and were comfortable, something to consider if you need the adjustable mattresses. Room seemed reasonably clean, except for that toothpick that was on the floor when I arrived and that I left in place to see if it was ever cleaned (it wasn't). So, the overall room and cleanness ratings are down a notch from where they could be.

Heat controls are confusing; as best I can tell, the control unit on the wall has nothing to do with the room heat, but functions as basically a thermometer; I had to find the controls on the wall heater, where I could turn the heat on and off and adjust the temperature up or down.

I tried the hotel restaurant for breakfast once, but one greasy omelette was enough to persuade me to go to Starbuck's or Panera for breakfast (and there are plenty of options in the area, so it's not like you're trapped with hotel food!)

Elevators felt a little rickety, but not unsafe or even unsettling. I actually like to take the stairs, but it took a couple days to find them - if you're paranoid about evacuation routes in an earthquake, you might want to spend fifteen minutes or so just hunting for the alternative exits.

One major annoyance for me was the wireless internet - half the time my laptop could see a good strong signal, but the service's logon page just clocked. I pretty much gave up on trying to even check email from the room.

However, internet worked OK in the business center the one time I used it. Just be sure to delete browser history, temporary files, cookies, etc if you're concerned about that sort of thing; it didn't appear previous users had done so and I'd guess the hotel doesn't have the browsers set to do so on exit.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank NotASurfer
HolidayInnDublin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Thank you for choosing our facility and taking time to review the hotel.

I would trully appreciate the opportunity to engage with you directly and review some of the concerns brought up in your feedback, and also hear what we could have done differently to make your stay more memorable, and beyond 'Meh.meh'.

Please reach me directly at 9255747101.

Your friend in hospitality,

Paul Munyasia, CHA
Holiday Inn Dublin

Reviewed 18 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 11 nights. There are some really good points, but also major gaps. For the good points: The rooms are spacious enough with newer amenities - TV, furniture etc. They have Sleep Number beds that are awesome! The staff at the hotel have great customer service and friendly. The rooms have windows that open a few inches - always nice to have fresh air. The food at the restaurant is good. Be sure to ask for a room facing away from the highway. For the gaps: I was fortunate to have quiet neighbors. You can hear every bit of the walking in the room above and doors/hallway noise. The rugs need a serious cleaning. When there was a problem in the room, I had to call 3 times before someone finally came to resolve it.
Final thoughts: I booked this hotel on Hotwire for an extremely cheap price so I felt I got my monies worth. I would not pay full price for this hotel.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for one not facing the highway. They have 2 buildings. And get it on the top floor...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank dustyelisa
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I've been here for a business trip during the month of September 2011. The hotel's staff is really nice and helpful, the swimming pool is not too long, but usable for fitness, the gym is little, but was enough for my purposes (I only used the facility to run).

The business center shouldn't be called so, this is only 3 pc-s and a printer....but anyway:

I slept in this hotel on the best mattresses in my intire life.

Worth the money and absolutel near to be in no time in San Ramon.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Kishajnalka
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Needed an overnight stopover that would accept dogs and this fit the bill. This used to be a Radisson but is now an HI. They have sleep number beds which I had never slept on before. At first trying to figure out your number is a bit weird as the numbers jump 5 points either up or down so adjustment took a couple of trys. We both slept well on the bed so no problem there. We had asked for a quiet room and was given one at the end of a hallway. Not so quiet, as the threshold on the door doesn't adequately seal to the floor so all slammed doors noise encroaches into room. We always sleep with the fan on high to mask noise but even with that, we heard every in and out all night and morning long.
Check in was quick. Hotel charges a $35 fee for a pet (not sure why) but it was nice that they welcomed them. Pet walking area was a bit small but hotel provides doggie bags for the morons that don't automatically carry them! I walked over to bowling alley next door (parking lots are adjoined) in order to give Fido a longer walk.
Room linens were fine, they give you a choice on soft or medium sleeping pillows. Toiletries are Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena which I love and were nice. Otherwise room was ok. There are several choices for food around and it is easy off and on the freeway.
Hotel staff were friendly and I appreciated the extra security door lock (room key needed for entry) for the building. Some rooms got morning paper...not sure if that was an added expense or you just needed to ask for it. Rooms had coffee but not tea for morning :( Room Wi-Fi worked great.
Only gave them a 3 star as the door noise was annoying and our room had a burned out light on the desk and the sink was VERY slow draining...both items the housekeeping staff should have picked up on.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank travelerNevada
Reviewed 27 September 2011

The location is convenient to the freeway. The hotel is showing some a little wear but on the whole is clean & comfortable, and the staff is very helpful. It is a great choice when in this area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to parking. This makes a difference.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank JuJuinBama
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
4 km away
Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasanton
0.5 km away
Pleasanton Marriott
Pleasanton Marriott
#4 of 14 in Pleasanton
4.7 km away
Extended Stay America - Dublin - Hacienda Dr.
1.3 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at the Club
2.5 km away
Best Western Plus Pleasanton Inn
0.3 km away
Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel
Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel
#7 of 14 in Pleasanton

Been to Holiday Inn Dublin? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK