“Never wanted to leave”

and 1 more site!
El Morocco Inn & Day Spa
Reviewed 25 February 2012

our trip to the el morocco inn was amazing. So very very relaxing and very romantic. My boyfriend said "I've never been sad to leave a hotel before" We came here for our first anniversary and I couldn't have imagined a better way to spend it. I only wish we could have stayed longer. I was able to leave all the chaos of normal life and LA behind for a few days and have some much needed relaxation and loving time together with my boyfriend. The staff is amazing, Bruce is such a character and its hard not to pick up on his excitement. He really has created something beautiful with El Morocco. I felt at home my entire trip, I love that everything was open 24 hours, the fireplaces, the pool, the hot tub, the gardens and the sauna. Our room was beautiful and on the recommendation of some other reviews brought our own food so that we didn't have to leave. We had dinner out one night at the Capri, most of the food was ok, but the steaks, oh the steaks were AMAZING. Definitely one of the best steaks I've ever had. We followed our stay with a trip up the aerial tramway which was cold! but so neat.
Bottom line: GO HERE, no seriously you won't regret it. I wish I could go back and live there.

Room Tip: All the rooms I saw were beautiful, we stayed in the sheiks retreat and it was lovely.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chanelle b

Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed for two nights over the Christmas period 2011. On arrival were immediately made to feel welcome. I've been to Morocco many times and found the authenticity of the place transported me back! Our bed was probably the most comfortable I'd ever slept in! Loved the relaxed atmosphere. Lot's of complimentary drinks, fruit & evening happy hour cocktails. On the whole a truly amazing place! I thoroughly recommend this little jewel!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank dennyb
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Walking through the doors of the El Morocco Inn is a step into another country. The traditional motif with Moroccan music playing in the background creates an ambiance as romantic and nostalgic as Casablanca. Service is impeccable, and its the little details, such as complementary dates, sherry, dried figs and the Humpfrey Bogart tea/lemonade that makes all the difference. Can't wait to travel again.....

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sultan's penthouse. I think this is the best reason because you get to sleep i...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank larisadinsmoor
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was our second time we spend a couple days at the is fantastic Inn. The old motel has lovingly been transformed into a scene out of Casablanca. The natural hot springs are relaxing, the rooms are quaint and comfortable and the staff is great. Can't wait to go back next year.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Great trippy stay while being transported to another continent. Loved watching the continuous show of "Casablanca". After two days you have seen the whole movie. Greeted with champagne and strawberries made us feel so special. Chose the couples massage with a long luxurious soak in the spa pools afterward. Also let us not forget the MorocoTini. It was a cool evening and we got cozy blankets put around our shoulders at the bar while enjoying happy hour. Room was fun and inspiring. Thank you Bruce and staff!

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family