“Transforming experience”
Review of Sagewater Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
Sagewater Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 January 2017

My sister and I needed a soothing and relaxing "retreat" from our normal routines and we certainly found this. We were warmly greeting at Check-in by both Rhoni and Cris as well as their little dog Sage. Their parking area is right outside the front door so bringing the luggage in was easy. We had a spacious room with two queen beds, a small eating area and a kitchen with all the pans, silverware, cooking utensils that we needed.

A toaster and a coffee maker were provided, with a no. 2 filter size basket, though they provided a package of pre-measured coffee that just drops into the filter basket, for each day of our stay. I was glad I brought supplementary coffee supplies, though, since I like my morning coffee! We also brought our own cooking spray, spices and other food. There are several places in Desert Hot Springs to purchase food.

The bed was extremely comfortable and the linen of high quality. I can only say that crawling into bed was a sumptuous experience.

Needless to say we spent a lot of time in the spa / pool! The water is soothing, nourishing and warms aching muscles. Towels and a robes are provided for use in the pool and of course in the room. The surfacing around the pool is probably the best I have ever experienced around a pool area and I have been around a lot of pools. The surface does not feel slippery under foot which for me is important. Chairs are also plentiful in the pool area.

Being that there are only 7 rooms, the whole atmosphere is more friendly and personal than other spas I have visited. All the guests we encountered were gracious and interesting. Rhoni and Cris help to set this tone by being approachable and out going. It was obvious that they both are very attentive to the needs of their guests. They arranged a massage for me and a facial for my sister and we were both pleased with the practitioners who came to the spa to provide these services.

I am a big recycler and was a bit disappointed that there was not a recycling container. Rhoni explained that space was limited for a container and of course I agreed that many people abuse or misunderstand the recycling process. The next time I come I will bring a bag to put my recycling items, since I discovered that the recycling container for pick-up is right outside the front door of the spa.

The spa and room furnishings are "minimalist' and do not overwhelm nor detract from the surrounding view nor what I would term a transforming experience.

I live within a few hours and will certainly feel comfortable to come back on my own or bring my sister or a friend. This spa lives up to the high rating of the other reviews!

Room Tip: Being that there are only 7 rooms and only 1 room with two queen beds, all the rooms I am sure are w...
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Alison S
PorterHouse09, Owner at Sagewater Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2017

Thank you so much for your detailed review. We are so happy that you felt comfortable staying with us and it was wonderful to see you both transform into true relaxation
seekers. Between your long hot mineral water soaks in our glorious pool and daily hikes and healthful meals you both left happy, healthy and glowing! Looking forward to your return visits!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Sagewater Spa

Reviewed 29 December 2016

An oasis in Desert Hot Springs, this hotel is one of the surprises you just love to get. My other half made the reservations and I purposefully didn't google the spa, hoping to be surprised and also trusting his taste. And he did a great job with his choice!!!!! The owners are as sweet as a sufganiot or a brigadeiro (Israeli and Brazilian sweetest treats) and the place is spotless: bathrooms and shower are the cleanest I have ever seen and sheets are of the highest quality. The pools and the water... What a treat, after a day at Joshua Tree National Park. This is a place to rest, relax and recharge!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flavia y
PorterHouse09, Owner at Sagewater Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2016

You are both sweetest treats and getting to know you over the past week has been a wonderful gift. We appreciate that you noticed our attention to detail and felt comfortable staying at Sagewater Spa. We are happy knowing that there will be more opportunities for surprises, relaxation in our warm mineral water pool, evening BBQ's, desert adventures and fun. Enjoy your relaxed entry into the New Year.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

My husband and I had such a nice, relaxing time at the Sagewater Spa. We certainly hope to return! Rhoni and Cristina were so kind and welcoming. We loved meeting the other guests as well, and it’s just hard to convey how relaxed and how at home we felt during our visit. It’s a gem of a place.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2016

Sagewater Spa is the perfect getaway spot: A clean, minimalist, relaxing place with a suuuuuper nice hot springs-fed pool. The owners, Rhoni and Cris, are delightful, as is their dog Sage. We've been here several times and always leave feeling refreshed and revived.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2016

I have been coming to the Sagewater Spa since 2008 and I stayed there last weekend for the sixth time. While the property had been impeccably remodeled since I had last been there, it retained its hypnotic aura of simplicity, relaxation and stillness and newly reminded me about why I love coming here.

When I first arrived on Friday afternoon, after battling four hours of traffic, Cris greeted me at the door and said "welcome home." I immediately got into the pool and within an hour, felt the water work its magic. The next day, I didn't leave the property until about 5 p.m. and I highly recommend this to people who need to deeply unwind. I drank the Spa's delicious coffee, partook of the always tasty coffee cake, I soaked, I swam, I read, I ate lunch, I drank wine, I stared at the palm trees and I talked to Rhoni and Cris, who genuinely care for the welfare and relaxation of their guests. Basically, I had one of those perfect days.

I don't know when I'll be back but I do know this: as long as Rhoni and Cris remain open for business, I will always find ways to return to the Sagewater Spa.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Desert Hot Springs
2.5 km away
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
#7 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
2.2 km away
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Wate...
#8 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
18.0 km away
Desert Riviera Hotel
Desert Riviera Hotel
#1 of 73 in Palm Springs

Been to Sagewater Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK