“One of my favorite places on the planet”
Review of Sagewater Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
Sagewater Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 November 2016

I have been coming to the Sagewater Spa since 2008 and I stayed there last weekend for the sixth time. While the property had been impeccably remodeled since I had last been there, it retained its hypnotic aura of simplicity, relaxation and stillness and newly reminded me about why I love coming here.

When I first arrived on Friday afternoon, after battling four hours of traffic, Cris greeted me at the door and said "welcome home." I immediately got into the pool and within an hour, felt the water work its magic. The next day, I didn't leave the property until about 5 p.m. and I highly recommend this to people who need to deeply unwind. I drank the Spa's delicious coffee, partook of the always tasty coffee cake, I soaked, I swam, I read, I ate lunch, I drank wine, I stared at the palm trees and I talked to Rhoni and Cris, who genuinely care for the welfare and relaxation of their guests. Basically, I had one of those perfect days.

I don't know when I'll be back but I do know this: as long as Rhoni and Cris remain open for business, I will always find ways to return to the Sagewater Spa.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 November 2016

I heard rave reviews about this place for years from friends, and I finally got to experience it myself this weekend...it truly exceeded my expectations! So much care and attention has gone into the details of the rooms from luxury bedding to the amenities in the kitchenettes. The hot springs are divine, I soaked for 2 hours and felt like new human being. Most of all, I was impressed by the special tranquil beauty of this place, which most of the guests seem to revere. The owners are charming, warm and gracious. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: The room with a street view ended up being perfect for us, since most of the time we had the shades...
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Krista K
Reviewed 11 November 2016

This was our first time visiting Sagewater Spa, and it absolutely surpassed all our expectations. To say you'll leave relaxed and rejuvenated is an understatement. Lovely property, wonderfully & tastefully furnished rooms, and hosts Rhoni and Cristina are some of the best folks we've had the pleasure of meeting in a long while. A total gem. We'll be back soon and often.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
PorterHouse09, Owner at Sagewater Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2016

You both slide into the water as if you'd been coming here for life. Loved how you enjoyed your kitchen area and dining al fresco, really making Sagewater Spa home snd now it is!
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

This was my first time to Sagewater Spa, and wow, what a gem. There were so many things that came together to make it a wonderful getaway weekend destination...

* Being welcomed by the wonderful Rhoni. She's a one of a kind host who ensures a relaxing atmosphere and takes the time to treat you to a warm, personalized experience.
* Staying in a clean room with a full kitchen and homey feel.
* Having uninterrupted access to a wonderful pool and spa.

Loved my time and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 15 December 2016

Thank you so much for sharing your obsersetvations. It's glorious to see our guests relax into our warm mineral water pool. You are a gem for letting other relaxation seekers know your secret! Love to see you here again!

Reviewed 5 November 2016

I have been to Sagewater several times and always enjoy my time there so much. It is quiet and peaceful. One of the highlights of the place is soaking and swimming in this unique, pristine water. I feel rejuvenated and my physical pains disappear. What a treat! The rooms have just what I need - super comfortable beds with fine linens, full kitchen, nice light to sit and read. Great wifi and tv and dvd as well. The rooms are really beautiful and simple. There are many small details with the decor that make it feel deluxe and also completely comfortable. I feel so well taken care of there. Cristina and Rhoni are the most gracious hosts. They make my stay so pleasant. They always go out of their way. They have great suggestions for local restaurants or hikes or activities. Other guests are friendly and are from all over the world. Each time I have stayed I have met nice, interesting people. I have recommended Sagewater to many friends and they have also loved staying here. I highly recommend checking it out. It is a truly special place.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
PorterHouse09, Owner at Sagewater Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2016

Your review made our hearts sing! Knowing how demanding your work is and seeing you totally relax in the warm mineral water pool reminds us about why we have chosen to keep Sagewater private for our hotel guests. The quiet, the water, the views and fresh air are renewing and we can all use some of that! Come home soon, we'll be waiting.