“Greate place”
Review of Sagewater Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
Sagewater Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We had a wonderful time at Sagewater Spa in April 2012. We really recommended it.
Great location, great pool with hot mineral water and amazing vistas, nice room, very friendly owners.
Thank you, Rhoni and Cristina, for hospitality and home grown oranges and grapefruits for trip to Joshua Tree National Park.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank wisona

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Brought my parents here for a night upon recommendation from a friend. It is a bit pricey, one night at $350 for three people. Wish they allowed small dogs, as I travel everywhere with my little one. The owners are the sweetest. Great customer service and great energy. All I can say is that before judging the rooms and motel, step into the water, and after 15 minutes you will forget all your worries in the world, will feel extremely relaxed and happy. The water is amazing, full of magnesium and other minerals. All in all it was an amazing time and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank kayamaya
PorterHouse09, Owner at Sagewater Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

.."it was an amazing time and I will definitely be back." . We enjoyed meeting your parents and after their long trip from Europe it was wonderful to see them renew in our pure clean mineral water pool. All of our rooms are designed for two people and when we able to accommodate a third person in a room there is a fee. FYI- Desert Hot Springs bed tax is the lowest in the valley.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

We arrived at Sagewater Spa from a long flight from the east coast. I have a lot of pressure in my work and my husband and I came to the hotel to relax and soak in the pool. Sagewater Spa is beyond even what I expected. The service and caring of the owners & staff was excellent more than I ever expected. The owners are so caring and helpful, we were struck by their graciousnes.
The hotel and spa is so beautiful, the rooms we loved simple elegance and the bed so comfortable to sleep in. The hotel itself is just so beautiful with a simple mid century decor, I am a designer and I loved it. The pool was heavenly and very healing. The whole experience at the hotel and spa was healing and restful, we did not want to leave. I would highly recommend it and we will certainly be back

2  Thank bengiwestpalmbeach

You are incredibly generous to write about your trip to Sagewater Spa. As artists and travelers
you understood our mission, to provide a comfortable clean environment for total relaxation. I must
say for Atlantic ocean people you really enjoyed our warm waters!! It always amazes guests about how quiet it is here and how they are brought back to themselves and each other.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Fantastic little hideaway. The pool was marvelous and the rooms basic but very comfortable. We enjoyed being able to either hideaway in our room or be sociable at the barbeque during the evening. Particular thanks to Cristina and Rhoni for helping get my belongings back that I managed to leave behind. Hope that one day I'm back in this part of the world and get to stop in for another soak in the pool.

2  Thank r00r00r00
Reviewed 8 May 2012

My bf and I stayed for a weekend in April to celebrate my birthday. Midcentury, minimal, modern...yes. Pools...amazing. The water in Desert Hot Springs is no joke! We loved the water. Unfortunately, the weekend we stayed the owners were not there and I would guess, based on the vast majority of reviews, that our experience would have been different if they had been.

The woman who was their stand-in did her best, I'm sure, but it was just lacking. The first thing she did when we arrived on Friday evening was to tell us what time checkout was on Sunday. LITERALLY it was the first thing out of her mouth, before we even set foot in the office, let alone got to our room and it kind of turned me off - I mean, I know I have to leave on Sunday. I GET IT. The office is cute but had a box of rotting citrus fruit sitting in there, which I thought was strange. The first night, the substitute left around 9:30pm after having a very loud phone conversation in the office with what sounded like the owner, where she discussed which guests were staying on trades and what the guests had said to her. BF and I were just floating in the pool and we both jumped when the phone call started - it's a quiet place and her voice just reverberated though the pool area. Additionally it made us uncomfortable to be part of that conversation which really should have been private. After 9:30pm that was it - we were all on our own, and this little 7 room hotel was booked. She skedaddled before we realized that our bed did not have a top sheet, so that first night was not very comfortable - our noisy little air conditioner didn't cool the room enough to sleep with the comforter on, so all night it was comforter on, comforter off. The pitcher of water with citrus in it in our room was a nice touch, but when we tasted it, it tasted like rotting oranges and I realized what that box in the office was for....yuck.

The next day we figured that housekeeping would deal with the sheet situation, but oops! No housekeeping so as to not disturb our retreat. I totally get that as we really stayed at the resort all weekend but the per night prices are enough that I was very surprised that it wasn't offered.
When I asked for a top sheet, the sub went into the office and brought one out and offered to put it on the bed for us, but we declined. She left for the evening soon after. Once we unfolded the sheet, it turns out it was not a top sheet, but a duvet cover. Oh well. It sounds like the owners are lovely, but ask when you make your reservations if they are going to be there!

A couple other things:

The gas grill was great. We grilled out both nights.

The beds are metal and are on concrete floors, so move easily. The bedside tables are attached to the bed. If you have a glass of water on the bedside table and flop onto the bed too hard, turn over too vigorously, or do anything else that might move the bed a bit, the bed will move loudly and the water will spill. Probably some sort of protective padding on the feet of the bed would help. It was definitely a buzzkill, if you know what I mean.

Aveda products in the bathroom - lovely!

4  Thank pasajessijo
PorterHouse09, Owner at Sagewater Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Today we received two reviews, one from well traveled guests who have found their happy place. The other from  guests who were not as pleased. While we know that we can't make everyone happy all the time, everyone has different needs and expectations, we are in a service industry and from previous reviews you can see that we take this quite seriously. The review I am responding to were guests who were recommended from their friend who raved about Sagewater, and we are sorry that they were not 110% satisfied. Most of our Type A guests ask for what they need and it is a  curiosity that some people would prefer to wait to write a review rather trying to make themselves more at home.  Let me respond to a couple of comments. The box of fruit in the office is organic and freshly picked from our own fruit trees. Although not perfect supermarket looking fruit, the lemons and grapefruits are organic and are juicy and delicious!  The water in the guest rooms has fresh organic lemon and is placed in each room refrigerator just before arrival.  Our beds are made with freshly pressed Frette linens and in the warm weather we prefer 100% Egyptian cotton summer duvets that are changed for every arriving guest, as you may have experienced at some 5 star hotels. Unsure as to how a brief conversation was overheard in the pool, we are aware that voices carry and will be mindful. At Sagewater Spa peace and quiet is very important to us.  Sorry that our new guest was offended by the check-in ‘rules and regulations”, which there are few - information about the pure mineral water pool, #1 best drinking water, spa appointment times, fresh towels, BBQ use and check-out time. Sorry, that was offensive. The bed comment is new to us, it takes several people to move the cast iron bed frames to clean but we will check it out. Please know that we are committed to making your stay excellent. Happy Guests = Happy Hosts!