“Very good hotel, top hotel in Sonoma”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
Flamingo Resort Hotel
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
California
“Very good hotel, top hotel in Sonoma”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2007

I went to The Flamingo over my birth day in january are some winetasting and i very much enjoyed it. The rooms were very clean and made every day. Last year i was at the garden grove hotel and the serivce was not as good. I definatly recommend this hotel to all ages.

• Stayed January 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank gigolo213
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Cannon Beach, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2007

Just returned from a stay here, 4 adults & 3 kids we stayed in two adjoining rooms on the 2nd floor of this two story structure (my tip is to request a room on this level). We enjoyed spotlessly clean mineral hot baths and the steam room was fantastic. The Korean owners and manager went out of their way to make us feel welcome and helped us get our BBQ meal set up on the patio so we felt more like family than guests. There's a function room available too upon request.

This property is old school, low-key so don't expect anything other than good clean rooms and facilities. A very nice location - only 1hr 40 minutes from LA and 30 minutes from Joshua Tree.
BTW I was told the CHI in this spot is better even than Sedona! Not sure what that means but I do still feel refreshed from my trip:)
I felt I got a good value getaway from the city trip and plan to return.

Stayed January 2007
1 Thank Simon W
travelocountry
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2006

My family planned a short post-Thanksgiving hot spring trip to Palm Springs area. We decided to stay at Flamingo Resort Hotel after seeing their ad and checking out their website. The only pros are its cheap price: $142 (tax-included) per night for 2 double-bed room and the water quality.
The long list of cons include:
1. Dirty.. It's dirty everywhere. When we checked in at 4 pm, we had to ventilate the room for a while beecause of a stinking odor. Dirty cups and plates were still in the room, and the bed sheets had coffee marks.
2. Don't expect to find a phone (or any means of communication to the front desk, even), hair dryer, or a closet in your room. The room only had three towels. When you ask for more at the front desk, they gladly give you more. Towels that are brand new, with the factory-fragrance embedded.
3. Unprofessional staff.. There is really no staff. There are a couple men hanging out at the front desk. They were nice and polite though, before we talked about money (see below). One of the men was actually drunk towards the late night.
4. My room had some problem with water line, so the shower only poured out burning hot water. When we complained to the front desk, those nice men came in to the room to check, and apologized. Since there was no other rooms available, they asked us to take shower at the public shower booth that was at the other end of the hotel (about 80ft. distance) When my sister learned that the public shower booths had no curtains separating the two, one only has cold water and the other has a clogged drain, we decided to check out at return home to LA at 10 pm. We asked them to charge us only daily spa fee and return our money, and that's when those nice men turned hostile and started shouting. Day spa was $10 per person, but they were only willing to return half of the money ($70).

Flamingo Resort Hotel... It is cheap, but what you get is not even worth that cheap price.

• Liked — water quality
  • Disliked — everything else... terrible
  • Tips/Secrets — when choosing a hotel, don't be duped by their ad or website
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank travelocountry

Travellers are raving about these Desert Hot Springs hotels

La Mirada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2006

This last weekend was my family's second trip out to this hotel. This is a hotel that is still making renovations. Of the 3 I've stayed at... (Flamingo, Sahara, and Sandpiper) I really must say this place is my favorite.
The Good:
All but 2 of the hot tubs are covered, and their largest pool's deepest is 5 feet, this is great because the shallow end is only 1 foot deep. Oh, also this pool is covered with wood beams.
The room is spacious and has 2 queen size beds. The room is clean and has a/c that will cool the room in minutes. The kitchen between the joining rooms come in handy. It is equipped with most basic stuff if one did not prepare, i.e. pots, frying pan, utencils, referigerator, range/oven, and a few other things I can't remember.

The Bad:
I must admit, if you expect a high quality all around, this is not the place for you. The bathrooms leaves you feeling like it is where they skimped a little... ok... alot. If you are in the bathroom, barefoot, put one of the towels down, it's slippery. It's not the cleanest bathroom, but by far not the worst I've seen, in a hotel, anyways.

overall, I enjoy going to this place. the staff is friendly and they allow bar-b-q near the pool area (not next to the pool though).

p.s. Ask for a discount. They will make an offer you can't resist. :)

• Liked — The covered pools
  • Disliked — bathroom
  • Tips/Secrets — ask for a better price, they are a little flexible on price (excluding holiday season)
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
2 Thank HappyAsianCamper
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2006

The Flamingo wasn't our first choice, it was a referral from one of the other five or six places we called first, searching for a room between Christmas and New Years. So, our expectations weren't high, but it was only for a night. When we drove up, we were actually pleasantly surprised, it looked renovated - How bad could it be for a night? The rooms are roomy, freshly painted, there is an adequate kitchen between connecting rooms, the place has potential but it failed on an essential, unforgivable point: the bathrooms (we had two adjoining rooms) were filthy! The sink was dirty, with soap and toothpaste scum and scattered (small) hairs on the counter. The floor also had hairs, there was a used, unwrapped bar of soap on the sink. When my husband tried to shower a metal bar (installed to brace the shower) actually came out and fell on him! We didn't say anything, just got up and got out before 9am - and I wouldn't have written this except (and I swear this is true) my husband just told me that when he first went into the room there was a cockroach in the toilet. It was late when we checked in, we were tired, we already knew there weren't alot of other choices - so he didn't say anything to us.
This is absolutely true, maybe it was a mistake, maybe, once they really open for business (there were hardly any other guests staying there- there were still boxes being unpacked in the lobby) they'll hire a cleaning staff - but for now, if you have a choice, or if you expect a clean bathroom, find somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2005