All reviews mud bath new owners grotto pool al capone spa treatments van gogh essence restaurant hot springs feeding the ducks painting class cool pool yoga classes desert hideaway beautiful grounds special place water massage private patio
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We visited for 2 nights just before they closed for renovations... what an amazing location in every way possible! We enjoyed this piece of heaven in the desert... from the room cleanliness, the incredible workshops, the food, the hot water springs... everything was perfect!
My one criticism is for one of the reception staff that was slightly unfriendly and unhelpful when approaching her regarding checkout procedures.
Other than that... it was unforgettable and just majestic and relaxing!
The dinner menu was nothing short of perfect!
Extremely recommend it! Will definitely be visiting again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Romantic getaway for our 1 year wedding anniversary! We decide to book two bunch palms because we wanted rest and relaxation. We enjoyed the classes and quiet atmosphere. Make sure to participate in the classes and enjoy the meditation ponds.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

What a magical resort!! The restaurant, the spa and all the wonderful classes, front desk and housekeeping were all so accommodating.
The hot springs is great in evening to relax your body, mind and soul.
Came wait to go back!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Purchased a day package for spa treatment, lunch, and use of facilities for a day. Roughly $200 USD with tax and gratuity included. You receive a towel and tote that you can take home too! As part of the day, you can also attend the classes which are wonderful. We took a drumming class and intro to meditation. Our body scrub and massages were first class. The food at Essence restaurant was great. You get a main and drink (juice, smoothly or wine) as part of your package.
The only drawback I noticed was primarily from the guests - and their lack of cleaning up their cups and food packages. People left lunch boxes, empty cups and bottles by the grotto and mineral pools - pretty disrespectful to a peaceful place. The spa should have had someone regularly walking through to pick up but the ownes is on the people to throw away their garage..seriously.
Regardless of the aforementioned, this spa is peaceful and has areas throughout for you to sit and watch the ducks, enjoy some sun or relax in the shade. I look forward to going back.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tiny_Bubbles007
Reviewed 30 May 2018

This place is in SERIOUS need of upgrading, with the sticker price on the rooms and the spa services.

This is a review of the SPA only, I was a day guest, which I had the luxury of paying ~$150 *just to access the property*. My husband selected a $195 package that waived the guest pass fee. My package was $205 and did not include the waived fee. I regret making my selection and wish I would have just picked the package that included it because it was NOT worth the added fee.

I have to give their brand managers credit, they really sell a vibe for the property and especially the spa. Sadly, the spa was rundown, dirty, old, and dilapidated. All the excitement I had for my relaxing day at the spa was drained as soon as we walked the halls of it. Attached are pictures from the shower in the locker room - all of the showers through the spa are like this. The ceiling in my massage room was caving in.

Does this look like the brand that they are selling on their site? It's no wonder they don't have any images of their spa rooms on their page.

I'm so incredibly disappointed in the money I spent here, and can't help but feel completely duped by this brand. How can they charge the prices they do with this type of environment?? I will give credit that if you are a guest here in their newly renovated rooms, combined with the relaxing mineral pools and overall sanctuary-type environment, it might be a good stay. Don't waste your money at the spa.

Room Tip: Only book a new room.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple