1,169 results
All reviews resort fee mini cupcakes beautiful property business meeting lobby bar san diego view of the ocean short walk to the beach valet staff outdoor patio train tracks shops and restaurants fire pit race track spa wedding fireplace
Reviewed 18 May 2018

Very impressed by this property. Service was excellent and well worth the Cost that was charged. I booked this hotel for a business function and the hotel was beyond my expectations. Proximity to the beach is very close!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LAubergeDM, Manager at L'Auberge Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you for your recent stay and for the kind words. We are so happy we could make your time with us enjoyable and hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 18 May 2018

I love the ambiance at L'Auberge. It's a lovely, romantic property with views of the ocean and greenery of Del Mar. The staff is warm and welcoming (got a glass of prosecco at check-in) and the beds are very comfortable. Be aware that there are no grocery stores or convenience stores nearby so you may want to plan on stopping somewhere for bottles of water, snacks, etc. to avoid the hefty mini-bar charges. That leads me to my main complaint about the hotel – there are charges for everything. In addition to the $39 a night resort fee, there is an additional $39 a night parking fee (there are not really any other parking options nearby, most are 20 minute or 2 hour parking spots). I was charged more than $4 for a drip coffee in the morning and while I know room service is always somewhat pricey, there fine print that there’s a $10 surcharge for all room service orders. I was really disappointed by all of these charges at such a nice resort where you’re already paying a premium to stay. Also, I had booked my mom and I mother’s day massages at the spa and my experience was not the best. My massage therapist seemed new and did not know how to give a hot stone massage (thankfully my mom’s experience was much better). It is a very nice small spa with an excellent steam room and very nice front desk staff. They have little goodies for purchase and I was glad to be able to pick up some sunscreen. My room was close to the lobby and it was rather loud both at night and early in the morning. I think that better insulating the doors might help with the noise level. All in all, I would stay here again as the location and views can’t be beat but I would be better prepared next time for the lack of nearby amenities and hope that they revisit all of the charges.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Michelle L

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to let us know about the challenges you had during your stay. Your feedback and comments are incredibly valuable and important to us.

We appreciate your positive comments and will share with the entire team. We also appreciate your feedback where you feel we have the opportunity for improvement. Please note that these comments have been shared with our Leadership Committee to review so we can continue to improve on our service and standards.

We do hope your travels will bring you back to the resort in the near future.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Very nice staff and location is incredible. My room had a view of the parking lot so not much I can say about view. Bar area is very nice and friendly . Spa was very nice as well. Easy walk to beach and park area.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LAubergeDM, Manager at L'Auberge Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Thank you for staying with us and your kind words, when you return please make sure you ask for a Coastal room which will give you a great view of the Pacific Ocean from your balcony. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2018

I stayed here for my boyfriend's birthday. We had an amazing room looking out over the pool with a partial ocean view. It was right in the center of town, so no need to have a vehicle - but if you do, the valets are absolutely amazing. Even if you don't have a car, go talk to them. They are all locals and can tell you about the area. We had dinner at Kitchen 1540. It was a tapas style menu so we were able to try lots of things. There was an elote corn dish that was amazing! Breakfast was delicious. I wish I stayed more days just to eat the short rib hash again and again! Staff will bend over backwards to accommodate. It was a very special and worth-while get-away. Maybe we will get to do it again one day!

Room Tip: See if you can upgrade to a coastal room with a partial ocean view!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for staying with us and Happy Birthday to your boyfriend. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to make your special time with us perfect. We look forward to welcoming you both back soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Fabulous high end experience. The location is great. One block from the Del Mar beach. The lobby lounge blends into the outdoor patio seating and pool. Very high end service and luxurious feel all around. Boutique feel. Although right on the Main Street and in the middle of town, with many fabulous restaurants nearby, the property feels secluded and private when on the grounds. Bravo!!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

We are so thrilled you enjoyed your time with us! Please come back and visit us soon!