All reviews lifeguard station boogie boards beach chairs beautiful park rooms are clean hear the waves no elevator watch the sunset the location is perfect stayed nights coffee maker san diego poseidon ocean patio jakes surf
Reviewed 24 June 2017

If you want to stay right on the beach at a reasonable price, this is the place! We stayed here in December, so the rates were quite low! They have a seating area to watch the sunset and watch the people walk by on the beach! The rooms are cute and big!

There are two nice restaurants and bars next door, so no need to drive anywhere! I look forward to staying there again some day!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie H
Reviewed 5 June 2017

If you are looking for the Ritz, keep shopping. Otherwise, this is a quaint and lovely little spot, literally ON the sand at Del Mar. Updated, but not uber fancy. Hard flooring to keep the sand under control, updated bath. Very comfy bed. My wife and I commented several times during our stay that the staff was the friendliest that we have ever encountered, and we travel a LOT. Boogie boards, beach chairs, towels, umbrellas are all available from the front desk. Barbecues and tables on the patio. Oh, and did I mention that it is ON the sand? Definitely our first choice when we return to San Diego, hopefully soon. scoschro

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

The only reason I did not give this 5 stars is because I really missed my 5 lb. dog- they have a no pet policy. This place has been there forever and being a former Del Mar resident always wanted to go.
We enjoyed the beach access and the lounging area. If you want the beach you got it. Not a fancy place but it works for what it is intended for.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2017

The motel staff was very friendly and helpful. I had a full ocean view room. The room was very large.Large TV and electric fireplace. The view was the best part of the stay. You are only steps to the beach. You can walk to the best resturants, beautiful park or downtown Del Mar. There is plenty of parking with no extra charge. You can sit out on the patio on the first or second floor. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Go for the room with a full ocean view.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

I loved my stay at Delmar Moto! The staff was very informative and friendly and the rooms are newly remodeled. Being close to the ocean is very therapeutic and calming!! The views are magnificent! There's also a new patio with outdoor showers, barbecues, tables, on sand level. The sunsets will really start you off to a fantastic end of your day and a good nights sleep!! Jake's and Poseidon are a short walk away. Bully's Steak House is close by too. For more casual there is a concession stand located outside of Poseidon. This is fun for the kids. Delmar Heights is about 2 miles away and they have everything you need there for example CBTL, Einstein's Bagels, Ralph's, Jimbos, Starbucks, UPS store, Etc. Delmar racetrack is within 1 mile making it convenient for all events that occur at Delmar Race Track. L'Auberge is a five-star hotel located at the top of the hill which is great for Friday night live entertainment in their lobby. I'll definitely be returning to Delmar motel in the near future. Thank you for having me!
Patricia Linton