“Awesome sunset view - with delicious cocktails”

Poseidon Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Poseidon Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 102 Restaurants in Del Mar
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 15th Street
Description: The Poseidon Restaurant in Del Mar embodies the Southern California lifestyle, blending the ambiance of the beach scene with a relaxed and informal dining atmosphere.
Reviewed 4 February 2017

Was in San Diego for a few days for work - the first 2 were unexpectedly rainy....and the clouds broke literally as I walked into Poseidon for some drinks with work colleagues. The bar feels like you are sitting on sea level and it was a gorgeous sun set. bartender and waitress were friendly as was everyone there. Worth the trip.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

We have frequented Poseidon's for years either hosting customers or employees and often just us as a date night. It's obviously hard to beat the view. Which is exactly why my 93 year old mom wanted to go there after putting her 16 year old dog to sleep. All she wanted was a drink, something light to eat and enjoy the ocean view and the outside deck fit the bill perfectly. It was 4:15 pm, hardly anyone seated inside or outside (the bar was half full). We were told the tables outside were only for a full meal. I found the manager and asked to show a little compassion for someone grieving the loss of her loyal companion and he wouldn't budge. It literally made me sick to my stomach that an almost empty restaurant (we would have easily been out in less than an hour) would be that cold to not show a little heart. They have lost us as customers!

6  Thank Lovinlife57
Reviewed 29 January 2017

We liked the experience so much, we went twice during our short visit to the Dal Mar area. Located right on the water, you can't find a better view of the sunset over the ocean. Breathtaking! They have a great bar area outside and in, and with a fireplace, Appetizers and drinks were great--get there before 6:30 for Happy Hour. Friendly folk and bartenders--a local gem.

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Lovely location on the beach! Outside seating w heaters and umbrellas. Watch the seagulls, extremely aggressive lol. Didn't see too much of inside but the bathroom was lovely haha. Parking fee of $5 and they park for u.
We shared a beet salad, so yummy! The quesadilla was the best I have ever tasted!!!

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

I had to have surgery on my eyes is ranch and cost plastic surgery in Del Mar with dr. Chasan. My man and I and my girl friend went to the posiden on the be her to have dinner and watch the sunset . It is my the best Resturant with the best view . Have the calamari , steak or a great drink. We go there when we can for lunch to. It is a place to stop. My next stop is jakes next door. Never been .