“A Must Visit in Del Mar for Fabulous Seaside Dining”
Review of Pacifica Del Mar

Pacifica Del Mar
Reserve with OpenTable
Pacifica Del Mar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 101 Restaurants in Del Mar
Price range: US$ 37 - US$ 50
Cuisines: American, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 15th Street
Transit: Across the street on Camino Del Mar
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Pacific is a "must" on my list for guests and locals to Del Mar. My favorite is Thursday night with all wines ½ of their price and great happy hour deals until 6 pm. For the past 10 years, Dixie and I have been regulars…right at 4:30 pm to enjoy the sunset. Over the years Dixie and I have been joined by other great pals, Valerie, Helen, Scott and Marian who drop by to enjoy a glass of wine and always a fabulous sunset. Here are some photos of our friends enjoying Pacifica with us. So many great memories of mine have happened at Pacifica with great friends.
By far this is an amazing experience if visiting Del Mar or if you live in the area. Their menu has some updates and they are expanding their specials during the week so if have not been by...I highly recommend it! Sanjay the new owner is at the restaurant daily and a pleasure to talk with.

PacificaDelMar, Owner at Pacifica Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Hi Shannon!
Thank you so much for your awesome review + taking the time to write it. We really appreciate it. We love having you in every Thursday for 1/2 priced wine night! So many great wines to choose from! Speaking of sunsets, they have been so incredible lately. We're pretty lucky, huh? See you again soon, Shannon:)

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Salmon is outstanding! Stick with seafood. Best martini in Del Mar! Views are great! Desert was good too.

PacificaDelMar, Owner at Pacifica Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Hi Ashley,
Thanks for dining with us and writing your kind review. So glad you enjoyed dining with us! Yes- can't go wrong with one of our martinis!! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

The view is so amazing! This restaurant has been around for quite awhile and some areas so it. Maybe it's what I ordered, the chopped Italian salad, but it was just ok. They have a great happy hour that I might go back and try. Dinner is romantic with the sunset so I'll just say, maybe lunch is more about the view than the food.

1  Thank bballwey
Reviewed 4 December 2017

WE came there with another couple to celebrate my wife's birthday. Its a lovely restaurant overlooking the ocean. Nice ambience and great service. We had a nice salad and tuna tartar (xlnt!) for appetizers. My wife had the cod and I had a fantastic macadamia crusted Mahi Mahi with coconut risotto..which was one of the best one I had.
The wine list was extensive, and not expensive.....and the creme burlee at the end, was an enjoyable finale.....will be back when in the area.....

1  Thank Ronwol
PacificaDelMar, Owner at Pacifica Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review. Great choices from appetizers to entrees to your dessert, you picked a couple of our favorites! We are so glad you enjoyed your dining experience with us and hope to see you back in again soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Our server, Kaylin was wonderful and the ambience was OK. The bar seems like the place to be. The dinners were no better than average. The Octopus appetizer was over cooked, vegetables accompanying the steak were over-cooked and soggy and the Black Cod was not done well, eventhough the noodles were great..

1  Thank C4375DAgeorgem

Been to Pacifica Del Mar? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK