“Way up there!”

Ranked #7 of 8 Tours in Del Mar
Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

Bill was our pilot, and a great one at that! Over an hour of flying 4000 feet over La Jolla, CA. Prep took quite a while, but all in all was worth it. We got to watch them fill up the balloons. The basket held 14 of us. We got to see the beautiful sunset over La Jolla and toasted with a safe landing with champagne. We flew over some of the most beautiful properties and golf courses I have ever seen! We had the perfect weather conditions, winds and view that we could have asked for.

1  Thank HotGrandma

Reviewed 6 September 2015

This adventure was on my Aunt's Bucket List, so for her 85th birthday, I took her on a hot air balloon ride with Panorama. FUN! FUN! FUN! Excellent experience. Pilot was extremely competent, friendly, full of great information and made us feel very relaxed and happy. We never felt unsafe and were blown away by the gorgeous views of places you would never see otherwise. Sunset was spectacular!

Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

Our pilot was awesome don't remember his name, but made sure everyone had a good flight. But Jamie needs to learn how to talk to people ,very rude. Me and my girlfriend got very aggravated with him and so did a couple that we met that day.

2  Thank Jamesfusco
Reviewed 18 January 2015

Highly recommend! We had a groupon and brought our 7 year old son. The views for sunset are stunning. Staff was very professional, informative and made sure we all kept safe. We had a fantastic time!

1  Thank rgnurse
See more reviews
Reviewed 12 January 2015

I've read a lot of the reviews for these guys so I was a bit nervous of what to expect when it came time to book. To sum up what all the one-star raters say is basically this; if you buy a groupon for this, you'll get treated second-rate, the person operating the phone doesn't is non-responsive, and when he is, he's rude and unpleasant.

I did not have a bad experience with them at all. I texted the number on the groupon 1.5 months in advance for the booking. Don't expect a reservation to be open two-three days before. A balloon ride fits ~10 people including the pilot, San Diego is a tourist destination so a lot of people like doing this sort of thing.

Anyway, I got a response from my text about two days later with the confirmation. The day of the ride I called about the weather conditions, got a call back in an hour or so, saying it's on. It's fairly important to understand that any balloon ride isn't going to take off if the wind doesn't cooperate; you aren't going to want to be up in the air if the wind isn't right anyway. They checked the wind right up until the moment they started inflating the balloons (which took about 30 mins). A lot of hurry up and wait happens on this, but it's part of the process. So if your ride gets called off, go enjoy the area of Del Mar, Temecula or wherever you drove to, you made the drive so make it worth your while and be thankful you're still breathing on your own.

The staff were nice folks, took pictures of us all throughout the inflation procedure and afterwards as well. We had champagne afterwards which was nice. The sunset ride in Del mar was absolutely incredible. Our pilot Bill, was incredibly well-informed and entertaining during the flight. It's definitely worth going if all the conditions are right.

My only real issue with the experience was the weight scale. We were weighed before going up and I was 6 pounds heavier on their digital scale than the one at home (I weighed myself after, with full clothes, shoes and the post-ride dinner as well). So I got charged an extra $50 for being 2 pounds over the weight limit of 225. I was pretty irked by that, most people were surprised by how much they weighed on the scale as well. I brought $40 anyway for a tip in case the experience was incredible (which it was), so they still got the money + a little more regardless.

I didn't have any issues personally with Jamie. Matter of fact he moved me and my wife to the edge after we boarded the basket because it's a more romantic spot. He wasn't lying about that!! :-) I didn't have any issue with him or any of the staff. All in all I had a really good time, my wife enjoyed it tremendously too which was the main point.

6  Thank Dan F