“Great Dim Sum”
Review of Del Mar Rendezvous

Del Mar Rendezvous
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Mar Rendezvous is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 101 Restaurants in Del Mar
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Healthy
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Paseo de las Flores
Description: From the creator of the famous Dumpling Inn on Convoy Street, Del Mar Rendezvous has been enticing San Diegans with its wide array of Chinese fare complimented by a modern mix of Asian flavors for over a decade. Rendezvous boasts craft, local, and high-end import beer on draft, Japanese sakes, as well as a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence wine list with over 100 wines all at the Best Price in San Diego everyday. With over 100 different dishes on its menu, Rendezvous also caters to both gluten-free and vegetarian guests with over 40 dedicated options to choose from on each menu. The ambiance of the interior and patio, with glimpses of the Pacific Ocean, offer a calming and inviting atmosphere, perfect for date nights, business
Reviewed 22 February 2017

The dim sum at Rendezvous are very, very good. I decided to make my meal from the dim sum menu while my wife and our friends ordered some large plates to share. We started with 3 dim sum choices - Pot Stickers, Crispy Duck Wraps and Shrimp & Chive Dumplings. They were all excellent with the Shrimp and Chive Dumplings being the tastiest from my point of view. I then had a Peppery Fried Calamari all to myself - it's also on the dim sum menu but nobody else likes calamari so I enjoyed eating it all - it's quite a large dish too for a dim sum menu item. It was very tasty. The large plates we ordered were Honey Walnut Shrimp which was enjoyed by my companions (a little on the sweet side for me) and Black Pepper Filet Mignon - also enjoyed very much. I tasted a little too and thought it was excellent.
The restaurant is very nicely furnished, there is a full bar and the wait staff were very pleasant, helpful and efficient. What's not to like?

Reviewed 15 February 2017

We were visiting Del Mar for the day and just happened upon the Rendezvous. What a splendid lunch we had. Absolutely delicious. The Kung Pao Chicken was the best I've ever had. We also shared the crispy duck rolls for an appetiser and they were fantastic. The room was very cozy and although there were lots of other diners, you weren't aware of them. Our server Katie was friendly and helpful in a very natural way, extremely personable. Katie was very knowledgeable about the beer menu. The wine list looked great too, that alone looked worth going back for.

Reviewed 11 February 2017

The food is just delicious. Choices are infinite from small dishes on up. Del Mar Rendezvous is a "cozy" restaurant, small, not really noisy, attractive and seating is comfortable. The Staff is very pleasant.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

If you do not have a car You can order from Uber Eats or from Door Dash. The signature dishes were not very good but the traditional dishes like chow mein were OK and less expensive.

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

The food is always served hot and delicious. We eat there regularly and the food is consistently good. The staff is friendly and efficient and always accommodating.