“Excellent lich spot. Best Greek food!!!”
Review of Sam's Restaurant

Sam's Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 211 Restaurants in Davis
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

This was absolutely the best Greek food that I've ever had in my entire life and I would always come back here every single time if I'm in Davis California.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Excellent Mediterranean food. We especially like the chicken, beef and combo shawarmas. Order with rice and get a generous portion! The place is small. We always order to go. Can get busy with a student rush hour. Great value for student budgets! This is a nice cheerful family run restaurant.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 3 March 2018

My International family and friends were going to see Eddie Izzard at the Mondavi Center and looking for a quick bite to eat beforehand. I was looking for someplace to please everyone, with parking and close to our destination - Sams fit the bill. AND it was extremely good value for money. My meal was under $10 and I could have shared it. We are SO glad to have discovered this great gem. The shawarma meat was delicious with crisp cucumber slices and tomatoes that actually tasted like tomatoes (don't they call Sacramento "Sac-o-tomatoes" the Tomato Capitol of California?) Anyway, the pita bread was warm and soft with a garlicky yogurt sauce. You order at the cash register and get table delivery. My nephew spoke highly of his Falafel. All the salads were crisp and generous. Classic desserts included a honey baklava and a pistolette version. Unfortunately, although there were many cold drink options, no hot tea or warm beverages despite having a truly beautiful display of china tea services.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed my food at sam's. The shawarma beef salad was delicious and could have easily fed two people. Hummus and fries very yummy. The service is quick
And efficient. The place itself leaves a lot to be desired, they could and should improve their interior.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Had to come to UC Davis for my daughter and discovered a gem of a place in Sam's Mediterranean Cuisine. I love everything about this restaurant from the food to the ambiance and especially the darling family that runs the place. First, the food is off the charts. The meats are moist, tender and perfectly seasoned. The produce they select (crisp cucumbers, flavorful tomatoes, crunchy lettuce and cabbage, etc.) shows how much they care about quality. Their sauces are absolutely delectable and they make hummus that will make you happy you're alive. Their prices are super reasonable ($7 for one of their amazing shwarmas) and the portions are very generous. If you can, save some room for dessert. Their baklava should win an award. It's a light, crispy, nutty pillow of heavenly delight. Yum! My second favorite thing about this place (second thing mentioned, tied for first in terms of awesomeness) is the lovely family that runs the place. They greet customers like old friends and they know many of them by name. Sam is a culinary genius but he is so nice, funny and humble. The whole family is sweet and I'm going to steal Reem (the adorable daughter than runs the cash register... Emphasis on cash; it's cash only here) and take her to Southern California with me so we can open a Sam's down south. FANTASTIC place where you must go at least once if you're anywhere near Davis.

Date of visit: July 2017