Davis Campus of the University of California

A gorgeous California Campus

Mark H
Winston Salem, North Carolina
via mobile

All reviews mondavi center art museum world class memorial union watch the ducks coffee house welcome center friendly environment great college town student tour athletic facilities this place is huge performing arts creek running easy access concert hall walk around
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

I have been to most if not all of the U.C. campises, but this one impressed me the least. It's not dreadful, don't get me wrong, but it was very low key. On the other hand, it does produce great winemakers.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

So good to go back to the university I had graduated from in '87....and the campus and town have only improved.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

If you are in the area, come by and see this place. UC Davis is beautiful, welcoming and has so much to offer. Was a great stop on our tour of western colleges!

1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

I was here for a conference and had time to walk around and look at all the art and sculptures. It’s a beautiful campus and well worth visiting. We had great weather while there, but have heard it can get hot. It’s still worth the visit, as the campus is fun

Reviewed 1 August 2018

UC Davis is a gorgeous blend of stunning architecture, breathtaking scenery, and new age designs for a campus. Situated only 15 miles from Sacramento, the campus is a little difficult to reach, the only route I having from the highway being a two lane road through town. However, parking was plentiful and everything was well-marked once on campus.

First, the arboretum at the edge of campus is superb with wooded paths, bridges crossing over Putah Creek, and plenty of green spaces to have a picnic. It was a Sunday afternoon when I arrived and there were families galore on hikes, fishing, and just enjoying the scenery. Moving into campus, I was struck by the gleaming white marble buildings, beautiful gardens and modern artwork, and spacious areas for students to move around.

UC Davis could be called the Capital of Bicycles as I counted about 10,000 of them all over the place. I understand this is a west coast feature to campuses but I don't think I'd be exaggerating if I said there is a bike for every student on campus. The sports facilities are immaculate and are adjacent to the numerous agriculture buildings. Go on a sunny day if possible and take in the full beauty of a truly wonderful campus.

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

We weren’t quite sure about UC Davis, they did have a major our daughter wants. Left left there very impressed. In fact of the five UC tours we took (Berkeley, Irvine, Santa Barbara & San Diego) it was the best one. Our “Ambassador” Ivan was excellent. He really got us all excited about being an “Aggie” family. He emphasized the sense of the Davis community and the overall friendliness of the area.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

It is a wonderful campus from the UC system. It is growing constantly and organically. It offers wonderful sights for visitors, from the Putah Creek to the Mondavi Center and from the ample quad to the gazebo

Reviewed 16 June 2018

As a proud Aggie I cannot say enough about the beauty of this campus and community! The people are friendly, the grounds are well maintained, the campus is crawling and attractive with so much to see. Our arboretum is a beautiful and unique feature of our community and there are hidden gems throughout the Camus (like the rock garden near the geology building, a favorite of my 4 yer old!). The cows, the livestock, the plants and trees, you just can't beat UCD!

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Fun to see such a great historic campus where my nephew graduated with an amazing degree in computer engineering. He's an amazing man and I'm excited for his future designing computers and amazing things of the future. He's an amazing engineer. I think he's just amazing all around.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

This place is huge but wonderful! If you like trees, plants and flowers, you’re in heaven. Of course, if you have allergies, you’re in hell! Terrific student tour guides give a great perspective to campus life and feel of the cozy college town. But, bring good walking shoes, the tour covers two and one half miles in one hour and twenty minutes. Food court in Memorial Union (MU) is super and the coffee house (CoHo) has some delicious pastries. Few cars, but plenty of bikes on campus. Entire campus is smoke free. That’s refreshing!