“Food was okay”

El Toro Bravo
Ranked #34 of 209 Restaurants in Davis
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Stopped for a quick bite with my daughter before the UC Davis Acapella show last week. Was good and fast service, though there were not many people in the place. I ordered the Enchiladas that came with a green (spicy) rice. Enchiladas were good but very greasy (must be low grade cheese used) and the rice was not something I enjoyed but my daughter did. Workers seemed bored and 3 of them were standing around laughing by the front glass doors; not professional in the least bit. Would I go back...probably not.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

I am not a fan of Mexican food, o, I may do some injustice to this place as far as food is concerned. But, the employees were really nice and attentive. I bought chicken rice to take home. I did not like it that much...

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We have tried them all, but this spot has the BEST Mexican food in Davis. In addition they have GREAT service and a good selection of beers and other drinks. They are downtown, very close to the University.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

The food was good. I was part of a large group and the ordering system froze on the ability to take credit cards. Overall, I liked the place, except for that hiccup.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I've only been here a few times, but I came in alone and the waiter was so sweet and careful with me. The specials looked delicious Lots of rice and bean options so you can go gluten free, but the beans may be cooked in lard,so it's not necessarily Vegan. Usually Busy and they have Horchata, a special spicy rice drink treat that is cool and satisfying on hot day and much better for you than a soda. I wish they had the Jarritos Mineral water because I really enjoy it.

Been to El Toro Bravo? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK