“Local great Dumpling House”
Review of Dumpling House

Dumpling House
Ranked #26 of 212 Restaurants in Davis
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Two us of have never gone over thirty dollars. To do that you would need multiple beers. Pork w/ chives and the garlic broccoli.are our standards. We eat it all but not so much the fish and chips.

We go for the great food. It’s not the cleanest, freshest or at times fastest as they get slammed (for good reason).

Balancing all in all what you get at the Dumpling House gives delicious repeatable cheap eats. You can order and take home bags of Dumplings and pot stickers too.

1  Thank WarrenRoos

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Small little restaurant and in an unassuming location downtown, but well worth the find. I traditionally make dumplings during the holidays and these are really good without all that work. My daughter shared this little treasure with me when I visited her during the week and we were hungry for something simple but tasty for lunch.
My first time there but her second time. I was a little surprised the seating area was so small. Luckily it was mid week and past the lunch hour otherwise I can imagine it hard to get seating (inside, very close seating for 15 max people) and some outdoor.
We ordered the pan fried pork and Kim chi dumplings, deep fried beef dumplings and an appetizer of egg rolls. Not really fond of deep fried but willing to try. The pork dumplings were the best. Tasty, juicy and with just the right amount of crunch. The beef probably would have been better pan fried but still tasted good. The egg rolls nice and crisp. All this serves with a delicious dipping sauce and a side of white rice. We shared and still had plenty of leftovers. The size of dumplings were a good size and not small. If you want leftovers I would not recommend deep fried anything because they are not crispy anymore by the time you get it home. But definitely get any of the pan fried ones. Dinner for hubby when I made some rice and vegetables. Yum.
Definitely will go back to try other menu items on my next visit. And take a picture ;)

2  Thank Fitmomtravel
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch. Dumplings were fresh, prices reasonable. We had 4 dishes for 2 people, plenty leftover. Our favorite was the chicken pot stickers. It’s a small place with efficient service.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

Given the location it is surprising that we don't get more good chinese restaurants in Davis. There are some, but... good, they aren't. The Dumpling House is an exception. The mainstay is the dumplings and they have created a wide variety of options by playing with the ingredients and the preparation. The dishes are simple (but the preparation somewhat laborious, as witnessed by the presence of the older lady who's often sitting near the cashier counter wrapping the dumplings up), the availability might be variable but what you get is true to the form. There are excellent dumpling houses down the road in San Fran, but the Dumpling House keeps its own end. You will get your good a hearty meal with a pork panfried potsticker appetizer and the steam pork dumpling main, no problem, at nary a cost - and you will need someone to share it all with :). Drinks are simple, not always the same, but it matters not - you come for dumplings, and they will be good (yes, the place can be messy, disorganized, busy... but it's a college town, and you should trust the crowd at least some :)). Anyway, been there, left happy, will be back!

2  Thank 886nick
Reviewed 21 December 2017

The Dumnpling House has been recommended to me by several friends and I finally went in. The "decor": is a bit tarnished, the noise is a bit high, but I cannot remember better pot stickers than the ones I had today at lunch. They were nicely cooked, which is no big trick, but the flavor and texture were outstanding. There were 12 on the plate and since their size was not small,. I was unable to finish them, but I look forward to reheating them tomorrow morning. The one (small) rub was that the tasty dipping sauce was in a plastic container so small;l that you might have a hard time dipping the pot sticker into it. They also serve fish and chips that looked good, particularly the chips. Next time, maybe. The outdoor seating is under repair.

1  Thank Davisdude

Been to Dumpling House? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK