“A must if you like sushi”

Mikuni Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar
Ranked #13 of 212 Restaurants in Davis
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: A cool, urban vibe balances a warm, friendly atmosphere at Mikuni's eighth restaurant. Located in the Davis Commons, right in the heart of the downtown area, this newest hot spot is within easy walking distance of the UC Davis campus.We're delighted to have been so graciously welcomed into the Davis community. On any given afternoon or evening, you'll find local families, university students, and business professionals enjoying the spectacular sushi and casual ambience-both indoors and on the charming outside patio. The dining experience is enhanced by a full bar, seven large-screen HD TVs, and original artwork featuring UC Davis students.
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Every time I go to Davis I try to go here. The food is really good and the portions are not the smallest which is great. My sister is not used to eating raw sushi so she got an upset stomach, however, I love sushi and I did not have any problems. Definitely recommend this place!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 1 August 2018

If this place was in San Francisco, it would be 3/5, i.e., average. However, in Davis, I am tempted to give 4/5. The sushi was okay and my tamago-meter was solid in the middle of the scale. However service really excelled. Definitely back, as there are not many tasty options in this town.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

First time having the Flaming mushrooms (very very good)...my last day at work and co-worker said we were going here. Excellent sushi, last time I was here I had a Wakame salad (also very good). The only real negative is trying to negotiate the parking lot (not something they can control) but some people need to slow down.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I’ve heard from others in fair oaks how good the original location was for sushi so when I had the opportunity to eat at the Davis location I was looking forward to it. We went for lunch and ordered off the lunch menu that had a nice variety of sushi’s already put together in a single serving. Had the “me so happy combo” and enjoyed it. Wasn’t sure what sea steak was, I’m not a frequent sushi eater but found out it was seared ahi. It was also quite good. The fair oaks rolls were our favorite! The ca roll we’re good too. Others in our party enjoyed the bento box lunch deals and you got a lot of food for the cost. I’d eat here again.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Four of us had lunch on the patio. They turned on the heaters, so we were comfortable. We shared the shioyaki salmon lunch and Bento boxes that included beef curry, chicken teriyaki, teriyaki salmon, and shrimp tempura. We also shared two plates of sushi. Everything was delicious.

Date of visit: March 2018