All reviews train tracks ocean view breakfast room capistrano beach the pacific coast highway san clemente would definitely stay here again complimentary breakfast hot tub beach access nice room catalina island fernando balcony bw sunset california
Reviewed 29 January 2019

I decided to try this hotel during the winter months to take advantage of the low room rates. If I liked it I would book it again for the summer. The hotel is in a great location in Capistrano Beach. The beach is very clean and scenic in this area. Check in was smooth and efficient and the attendant was very friendly. When I arrived at my room I noticed that it had a musty smell. I also noticed how dated it was. I don't think any improvements or upgrades have been made here since it opened. My bed was fairly comfortable and there was a fairly good sized patio with ocean views. Those were the only two redeeming amenities. In the morning I went for the free breakfast and it was awful. The breakfast consisted of tasteless sausage and eggs. I had yogurt that seemed to be on the verge of going bad. The coffee creamers were also expired and my coffee had chunks floating in it from the spoiled creamer. So this hotel is in a nice setting. It has great views of the ocean. But given the fact that there are a number of other hotels in this area, I will not stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 January 2019 via mobile

My wife and stayed here this past week and were very pleased with the cleanliness and the hands on management we witnessed. The manager was very accommodating to our needs as well as pleasant. We heard and seen her with other customers and she was very professional to everyone. We’ve stayed here in the past and the other lady at the front desk (she had an accent) wasn’t very knowledgeable and acted as though we inconvenienced her and was grumpy when we arrived and we didn’t see her much after that. Glad they upped their front desk manager! As long as the new one is there we’ll be back.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2019

Check in was quick, friendly and receptionist gave us info and guest/staff recommendations on surrounding restaurants with discounts! Walking into our room I was amazed with our view of the ocean, simply beautiful! Room was immaculate and smelled so fresh and clean, very inviting! We had a spa bath which was also amazing with the jets it was so relaxing! Parking was a breeze, didn't have to pay extra. Beautiful location, beautiful property, beautiful view! My husband and l plan on staying here again. This trip was for our 21st wedding anniversary and it was great!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 25 January 2019 via mobile

We stayed few days and every morning around 9 am when we took breakfast, one woman came every day and ate at breakfast area. Even management can not do this when travelers are there. She walked thousands times around on stairs which made us crazy. Was not proffesional when we talked to her. In November when we stayed everything was perfect. From that time new person changed all friendly atmosphere as it was before. Last time we had very pleasant stay with Cheyenne and Alona. Very nice people and proffesional. Alona even cleaned property outside and helped with laundry. Cheyenne was very nice with us also and we forgot name of man who work there also, he worked outside a lot. Steven is a very friendly and helpful guy. We hope our next stay will be as before.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Kay7788, Manager at Best Western Plus Dana Point Inn-By-The-Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2019

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I do apologize if eating breakfast and walking around the property made you crazy. What better way to evaluate the quality of our breakfast and notice the things that need to be done to make your stay better? I am happy to hear you know the names of all my staff, but unfortunately I don't remember being unprofessional to any of my guests. Might you call me at the hotel so we could discuss this further?

Reviewed 22 January 2019

We stayed many times at Best Western and this time we saw an old white lady. She didn't welcome us, even front desk people are not happy as before and we do not think that will come back again. Before room looked nice and clean and now hair everywhere. If owner read this message please just let us know name of woman who worked before. Customer service is very important and this hotel lost it. Not satisfied

Room tip: Poor new management
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Kay7788, Manager at Best Western Plus Dana Point Inn-By-The-Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2019

Dear Valued Guest, We do our best to welcome all guests, and to accommodate all their requests, no matter big or small. We are sorry if we were unable to accommodate all your requests, causing you to leave this review. I assure you my staff are all happy, our rooms are clean, and we provide superior customer service. Management