“First time...good time”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Ate at Gen Kai for the first time Saturday after hearing good things for a long time.

The good:
everything we ate was really good.
the vibe

the bad:
the wait (it's a very crowded waiting area, but at least they will give you beer and saki while you wait)

the loudness & the service (mostly because they were just so busy). It took me an extra long time to receive my sushi roll when everyone else at my table was already served their food.

I will definitely give Gen Kai another chance since the food was so good, but I will try to pick a less busy night.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Our friends took us for lunch. Great seating, service and food! Bento box was fantastic and miso soup. Love the fried tofu soup too. Look forward to returning with more friends. Parking nearby too.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Bomb sushi and affordable. I took my wife there on her birthday and she is picky about sushi and she loved it. They gave her a birthday dessert too.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Man the food was great.... caterpillar roll. Crunchy roll was amazing. Tuna was fresh fresh. One problem is that the place is dirty maybe even filthy!!

Would be a 5 if they remodeled

Reviewed 10 July 2017

The worst ginger dressing I have ever had. The sushi was disappointing, I couldn't drink the tea. I was so disappointed in this restaurant and experience. First time I have ever left a sushi restaurant with half the food still on the table.