“Gen Kai”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2017

The worst ginger dressing I have ever had. The sushi was disappointing, I couldn't drink the tea. I was so disappointed in this restaurant and experience. First time I have ever left a sushi restaurant with half the food still on the table.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Went with a friend that had Gen Kai at the top of their list of places to return to eat in the Dana Point area. Sushi was fresh and expertly prepared. We always enjoy sitting at the Sushi bat and engaging with the chef. Great variety. Will keep on our "must visit" list of restaurants in this area.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

Yep, this is the sushi restaurant that my daughter had her fast taste of miso soup and tofu at 6 months old...She is almost 16 years of age and still loves sushi. Every time we walk in this restaurant, they remember us! The. Best. Sushi. in Orange County...maybe Southern Cali!!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

I dream about their Poke bowl - always fresh, tons of choices and a nice table seating area aside from the sushi bar. Reasonable prices and good service.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

This is a great little place for sushi. I have been here for dinner and lunch a few times. The food is wonderful. I have always eaten at the sushi bar. I am in the company of a friend who lives around the corner and is a regular. I love the spicy salmon sashimi over a ball of daikon radish. It's quite a presentation. They make a wonderful mixed sashimi salad. I cannot pass up the unagi. I am not a big roll person but the spicy tuna roll is pretty darn good. I ordered the special lunch platter once which was full of sushi and sashimi. The amazing thing is the price. This is great sushi and unbelievably reasonable prices. It allows me to have sushi more often. They do offer a full menu of cooked items and table seating.