3,088 results
All reviews golf course beach club stonehill tavern st regis butler service beautiful property turn down service lobby bar main pool kids pool the ritz pool staff four seasons high end pool view southern california orange county
Reviewed 23 June 2016

The resort had just finished with renovations and a brand change when we visited. Being our first time, we cannot compare it or speak to the changes. The resort is beautiful and provided top notch service from the start. The room we had was huge with a small balcony and a ridiculously large bathroom. The pool area was nice with 2 large infinity hot pools and there was a free shuttle to the beach area in an adorable trolley. The beach area is nice, but it's the service of chair set up, water, etc that sets it apart. We were with a conference, so most food was provided in the banquet rooms. There was a wedding taking place one day and it was beautiful to watch from the restaurant balcony.

Room tip: 4th floor is the main floor - we were on 5th floor facing grounds, not pool, never heard any noise or disturbance
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MonarchBResort, General Manager at Monarch Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

Dear mandjfoy,

Thank you for your review of Monarch Beach Resort. I am pleased to hear you had an exceptional stay with us and that you had the chance to enjoy the resort during your business trip.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our coastal playground in the near future.

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

Hotel is updating itself since the new ownership took control of hotel. Spa remains high quality but some services are a bit pricey. Rooms are more than adequate. Golf course excels.

Restaurants need more menu selections and better preparation. Dining at seaside restaurant is excellent. Overall, need more non-gluten and vegan menu selections. Easy ones like gluten free pasta and pizza.

Monarch Beach remains a winner. A real five star hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Michael S.,

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming back to our coastal beach house in the near future.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

We just spent a fabulous weekend in one of the Monarch's suites. I cannot say enough about the new renovations. This was above and beyond what we expected. After only being opened a short time the new Aveo restaurant was wonderful. The food and the service was excellent. I highly recommend the Lemon pasta with shrimp.
I cannot say enough about the staff. Every single person (and I wish I had paid more attention to their names) was so friendly and so helpful. From the people at the pool, the valet, check in and especially the shuttle drivers.
We will definitely be returning very soon.

Room tip: 651, great views, quiet and the balcony in the morning is shaded and very comfortable for reading.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Mountgarret,

Thank you for staying at Monarch Beach Resort during your visit to Orange County, California. I am very pleased to learn that our team provided you with exceptional service throughout your stay and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our beach house soon!

Reviewed 22 June 2016

This Review Is strictly For The Fathers Day Brunch At The Resorts New Aveo Resteraunt
Had made reservations back in April for last Sundays Fathers Day Brunch when the hotel was still the St. Regis, was expecting the same level of opulence, Lavish food selection and 5 star service that goes hand in hand with the St. Regis name and the $125.00 Dollar per head price Tag !
Let me be clear it wasn't the money that bothered me ! I have had the pleasure of having brunch at the St. Regis over the years for many mile stone moments in my family so you know if your not as well healed as some of the other patrons, its something you save up for and has always been a memory maker, This time not so !
I only found out about the change to the now Monarch beach resort the night before when I called to reconfirm our reservation and was informed the hotel changed names June 1st.
As soon as I hung up the phone I went straight on to Trip Advisor to see what guests where saying and sad to say regarding their gripes for service etc I have to say they were on point.
The remodel of the restaurant , Hotel Entrance and Lobby is absolutely stunning !!
But as far as a special occasion high price brunch they really dropped the ball !
I believe most people who would be dining there on that day would be a mixture of locals who have enjoyed past service and lavish and varied brunch food selections provided in the past and resorts guests in for the fathers day retreat Instead the restaurant was half empty, They cut the food selection in half ! and the service overall was awful ! our waiter was terrible, its very clear they retained none of the former highly trained staff, and the new staff have yet to be trained in the art of delivering a 5 star guest experience ! that should go together with the $700.00 plus dollar tab that I had on Sunday for 5 people and a baby.
Like I said its not even the money ! But it does bother me when your charging 5 star money and it doesn't live up to expectation and Sundays outing fell far short of what the St. Regis used to provide its guests ! And what the New Monarch Beach Management already know would be expected from guests who come to the restaurant, not just for brunch but for any meal !
I know the management at the Ritz Carlton are going to welcoming your clientele with open arms !
Hire and Train your staff Properly ! and if your going to charge 5 star money ! please put out a five star product !!
Again, this review is strictly for Fathers Day Brunch this past Sunday and should have no reflection on any other part of the resort.

1  Thank gg512016

Dear gg512016,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment, no acceptable by any standard. I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your concerns with your further if you wish, and may be reached at 949-234-3301.

Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for a week in one of the suites - so comfortable, beautiful and spacious. We have four kids and all 6 of us had plenty of space, 3 bathrooms and huge balconies to enjoy. The staff is phenomenal. The suites have dedicated butler service and they really spoil you - especially Juliana. Odd to say this, but the valet/bell staff is exceptional. Everyone there is not only fast and thoughtful but GREAT with all of my kids. We were especially impressed with Lyle whose excellent service was inly out shined by his passion for surfing. We can't wait to come back. When we do we will coordinate with Brittni who is really warm and helpful. She was our "destination host".

Trip type: Travelled with family
MonarchBResort, General Manager at Monarch Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2016

Dear Jeff B.,

Thank you for staying at Monarch Beach Resort during your visit to Orange County, California. I am very pleased to learn that our team provided you with exceptional service throughout your stay. Thank you for the kind words and lavish praise you bestowed upon our team - I will share your feedback with our associates. I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our beach house soon!